SAU Community

Ebay Coolant Hose Kits

Dylannn

Hi guys,

Can anyone provide any input about E-Bay coolant hose kits? looking to replace all coolant hoses whilst engine is out as they look a bit how you going

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Silicone-Ancillary-Heater-Hose-Full-Clamp-Set-Fit-Skyline-R32-RB20DET-GTS-BK/152974549937?epid=1145071623&hash=item239dfe63b1:g:blwAAOSw5P9bIa-2&frcectupt=true

Also whilst engine is out, is there any other maintenance you would be doing now to make life easier later?

I'm replacing clutch already.

Regards,

Dylan

Personally I would be buying from a reputable source like Just Jap, Kudos etc or one of the site sponsors or advertisers.  I've heard [not experienced, so BIG difference] bad things about the ebay ones re fitment and endurance.

5 minutes ago, tridentt150v said:

Personally I would be buying from a reputable source like Just Jap, Kudos etc or one of the site sponsors or advertisers.  I've heard [not experienced, so BIG difference] bad things about the ebay ones re fitment and endurance.

These hose kits are all from the same supplier in one way or another. I know JJ get their cheap shit from a company in India. Without a doubt this is the same crap you see on eBay. From what I see, Kudos sell name brand Jap hose kits & genuine. The eBay kits are more than fine to use if you're on a budget. I'd recommend genuine if you have the spare pocket change though...

I bought the justjap silicon ones and have been using them on my rebuilt motor for about 8 months or so. No issues with leaks. Bought new hose clamps as well. Just jap have been selling these for years. If they were shit no one would buy them.

I did have to trim a few of the hoses down because some were a bit long I guess that's expected. Nothing fits like original I guess. The just jap ones are well made thick material. I personally have no issues. I don't see myself replacing them anytime soon.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Do any reputable Japanese brands come to mind? I'd like to cost compare, if its only a few extra dollars I think it would be worth going with a reputable brand

1 hour ago, Dylannn said:

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Do any reputable Japanese brands come to mind? I'd like to cost compare, if its only a few extra dollars I think it would be worth going with a reputable brand

There's oem then aftermarket silicon which is about half the price. Nickles and dimes difference really.

Edited by WantGTR

21 hours ago, WantGTR said:

I did have to trim a few of the hoses down because some were a bit long I guess that's expected. Nothing fits like original I guess. The just jap ones are well made thick material. I personally have no issues. I don't see myself replacing them anytime soon.

Yes that was quite common... Plenty of people used to return the kits for that reason believe it or not...

3 hours ago, jmknights93 said:

Yes that was quite common... Plenty of people used to return the kits for that reason believe it or not...

Just so we are clear. There were no issues with the mould. In that sense they were perfect. Same shape as original. As they are a thicker material packaging wise it is bigger than stock. I don't know about other people but first hand experience they are great. Good quality and don't leak. What else do you want from a hose?

• Like 1