SAU Community

Race seats to suit R33

I'm looking at buying some seats to suit my r33 gtst as stock seats don't have enough support. 

I have found r33 gtr seats for $1500 locally but bit more than I want to spend for second hand seats. Are their any better options for new seats which are safety tested or other good options. Please show me what you guys are using. 

Thank you. 

Racetech seats are used world wide and are FIA approved. Many are half the price of used GTR seats. They have about half a dozen Australian distributors and you can find the nearest one from their website (or Google I guess).

https://www.racetech.co.nz/shop/

My bride knockoff passed an engineers inspection without any issue.
Don't wanna sound like a smart arse but i used to have a bride knock off. A couple of the welds snapped so i took it apart to get it welded back up. What i found was pretty shocking.

When they where originally being welded in the factory, they must have had the welder turned up too much and it burnt holes through the metal. Instead of chucking that piece of metal out and starting again, they just welded it around the holes. There was around 3 sections like that with 6 burn holes all up. There was no way that thing would remain in 1 piece in a crash.

That seat was promptly removed and replaced with a gtr seat and then a sparco pro 2000. The bride rep was sold cheap to a guy who used it in his simulator setup.

To op, for aftermarket seats, a couple cheap options are the autotechnica range, entry level sparco and omp seats. The racetech mentioned above are great but a little more $, Cobra seats are also very good but also more $.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Blakeo said:

It seems like no one makes seats to suit the skylines which are road legal. Easy looking at $2500 for a pair of seats. I was only looking at spending $1000 maybe 1500.

Don't know what your'e on about. You can get a set of Racetech  or Sparco seats for under $1500 or for cheap Jamex seats well under $1000 and all can be certified if installed correctly. You may be able to find some second hand Bride seats in your price range.

2 hours ago, ElbyWan said:

I've got sparco pro 2000s in my R33 which have the lumbar pillows, not bad for street and highway driving despite beimg a fixed back seat, loads better than my broken drivers seat :)20180930_103720.jpeg

Yes, but not road legal.  I think the only Sparco seat that is ADR'd is the R100.  Also, fixed back seats are not road legal in a coupe unless you remove the back seats & belts and get the car declared as a 2 seater.

Race and road legal are 2 words that rarely go together.

Even if you got an ADR approved seat, i dont believe there is such a thing as ADR approved rails. You would have to get them specifically made and then approved by an engineer.

That is why GTR seats are such a popular upgrade.