SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Wakefield Park Drift Event !!!

25GTV

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• I’m sure someone will make an adapter kit to fit the motor to the gtr gearbox 
    • WIth the RB26 ITBs, you get the linkages and everything sorted. There seems to be full RB26 setups around for $5-700. Can I do it any cheaper with DCOE?  I thought I read somewhere that the early VCT on RB25 heads was prone to failure if run with aggressive cams/springs and that the NEO was better? Any truth to that? Also if doing port work, does it make any difference whether you start with NA or turbo heads? I would have thought the NA engine would be more sensitive to ports than a turbo so I am surprised they have worse flowing ports. Turbos normally get over poor flowing heads with boost.... they typically flow less volume but at higher air density. I know a good L series can make good power... but a good L series is close to a mild RB25DE. A good RB25 should excel, and should be easier adaptable to EFI etc. I don't want carbys. And I think with aggressive cams and VCT, the potential for a nicer running wider power bands is better on an RB engine. 
    • This car will never run with this motor, by 2026 you'll be fitting Tesla motors to it lol
    • Been slack lately. Have done a lot but achieved nothing if that makes sense?  I'm playing around with a few ideas which are time and brain cell destroying... What I have done first- Make an alloy pointer for pin point timing. Will most likely powdercoat it then put a white/silver tip. Powdercoated a few more bits and pieces for installation.  Temp fit the exhaust manifold and turbo so I can make the PRP turbo oil drain fit out of the car. Needed to order some new fittings for the block so waiting on those. Had to get the intake plenum flange machined as it was warped from when it was welded up in production.  Snapped the dipstick tube off in the block. Don't want to talk about it.... Sump off AGAIN and dipstick tube ordered..... Started rewiring the engine from the engine end also AGAIN, allowing for some additional inputs plus that leads onto the next part I'm still pondering.... So I want to somewhat "wire tuck" the engine bay and there really isn't a nice place to put bulkhead fittings on the drivers side to stop any wires running across the back of the firewall. So......  What I'm thinking is having 2 bulkhead fittings remote mounted under the brake booster and pretty much out of sight that also enable easy removal of the engine (cause GT-R....).  I haven't entirely convinced myself it's the right option yet but strongly leaning that way.  Feel free to offer your thoughts or rain down the hate! 😅 Made a few templates and trial runs to get it to where I think it would work if I do it-   I've pretty much resigned to the fact that I'm painting the engine bay too.... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️  
    • That is correct Dasmbo, the machine shop that examined it said few journals would have to be welded and built up, then machined back. The damage had the machinist questioning the integrity of a few of the cam cap retaining bolt locations... Basically said if it was a Ferrari, sure, the money and time would be worth it. Not for an RB26 head.