SAU Community

High Flow Cats

Riccardo

Hey all, was hoping you guys could help me out with this one. I'm looking at purchasing a pair high flows cats, i have a 2003 nm35 stagea and pretty much all the parts im looking at, at the moment are for the infinity g35 and nissan 350z, im currently hooked on purchasing one from z1 motorsports and purching thier z1 highflow cats for the g35 de model, now all i need too know is if the catalytic converters are the same on the g35 and my stagea. if so i know it will fit, ive already looked a ton and from what i can see they look identical but just need too make sure before i go through with purchasing something from overseas which is pricey. i couldnt manage too find anything local as of yet hence why purchasing online and was going too get it custom done but the guy didnt look too keen on doing it and quoted me far more then i could afford soo only got everything from the mid pipe back done. but if any of you know any high flow cats which are a perfect fitment and/or if the g35 runs the exact same cats as the stagea would be a great help.thanks!

2003 nm35, is it a vq25det? If yes, the cat is built into the dump pipe on the back of the turbo. Very few aftermarket options. Scotty's customs used to make his own, not sure if he still does it. Am performance in SA is another one.

Pnm35 is a vq35 and the cats you are talking about in your original post may fit.

5 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Buying cats "that fit" is not the only way to do it.

The only way I have ever done it is to buy the cat I want, without flanges, then weld the flanges to suit the car.

Yea I know of that way of doing it but I can't weld nor own one, and would need too take it somewhere and pay for that as well, just looking for something with direct fit so can do myself. if nothing then will have too go with getting it custom done or like you said. 

2 hours ago, admS15 said:

2003 nm35, is it a vq25det? If yes, the cat is built into the dump pipe on the back of the turbo. Very few aftermarket options. Scotty's customs used to make his own, not sure if he still does it. Am performance in SA is another one.

Pnm35 is a vq35 and the cats you are talking about in your original post may fit.

No it's the vq25dd should of mentioned that too sorry, no turbo and I do believe I have the same manifold as the pnm35 and infinity g35, all run the same manifold I'm sure from photos. correct me if I'm wrong, soo that's believing me too think their cats are the same too, they look almost identical besides the fact they have o2 sensors in them. Just from the videos of installs I've watched its like as if it's longer in length then mine, but will do more research. Thanks heaps

Honestly it's just the car I have haha and it's become a little project too me I understand there not much gain in it, I just wanna get a bit more power out of it anywhere I can and also my stock cats are making a very weird sound and looked almost cracked and rusted down there. Also want too change the tone coming out of my exhaust as I just got a custom exhaust from the mid pipe back done, and it's got a very deep low tone at about 2000 - 3500 rpm if I explained that correctly haha soo was hoping new free flow cats could change that tone possibly. I'm still learning. And oem cats I heard are pricey soo thought. Might as well upgrade if possible

OK still cheaper to buy from Venom than from the States. Or just take them off, knock the guts out of them and put them back. And to change the tone get a resonator and put it in the middle of the exhaust.

Or for more power buy this:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/nissan/engines/listing-1978090441.htm?rsqid=f103349f7adf4ca483c59d5837e3cbe4