SAU Community

R33 ecu remap

Hey! Just bout my first NA skyline (P plates) and noticed she's as slow as a snail and has rough as guts idle. Wondering if

A. A remap would help solve some of this issue aswell as get some power back

B. Would a Nismo ecu or gtst aftermarket ecu be compatible with the NA?

A remap is not magic, it will not solve your idle issues. Any GTS-T ECU will not be compatible with an NA motor, the timing curves are completely different due to differing compression ratios.

An RB25DE makes about as much power as a modern economy car, the only way to change that appreciably is forced induction. Or if your engine is really in bad shape and needs a rebuild.

Bugger, all good thank you. Another quick question, would a FFP fit on an NA? I know there wouldn't be any power increase. Just looks

6 minutes ago, 33bus said:

Bugger, all good thank you. Another quick question, would a FFP fit on an NA? I know there wouldn't be any power increase. Just looks

Although I think that it is possible, ask yourself is it worth it? A lot of effort (and money, unless you go a chinese FFP) for aesthetics.. If anything I think it will decrease the performance

The idle being rough is odd.
Fix that and you may get a bit of power back.
Probs somthin easy.

Realy gotta rev the n/a for some power but dont kill it. Reasearch oil control! If ya gonna give it a hard time.
Not a big deal bein n/a as long as oil is picked up during extended gforce at high rpm.

Plenty of peeps turbo high comp n/a motors this requires a remap or aftermarket ecu and some other upgrades like fuel pump , fuel regulator , injectors, manifold ect...
And for it to be a long lasting one they basicly modify the motor to suite valve springs , cams , pistons ect...

So it usualy works out cheaper to buy a turbo car that is already designed to run boost.

With the right tools and right materials we can make anything is possible.
With the wrong tools and wrong materials we learn whats right the hard way!

12 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Or buy a Golf GTI, install an intake, a dump/downpipe, and flash it. Will go faster than a 200kW GTS-t boat and has all the luxury, features and safety.

This is a Skyline forum, not a best-bang-for-your-buck forum :P

• Like 2

On 3/20/2019 at 11:06 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Or buy a Golf GTI, install an intake, a dump/downpipe, and flash it. Will go faster than a 200kW GTS-t boat and has all the luxury, features and safety.

I can confirm that this is fact as I also currently own a flashed MK4 Golf and it hoons

26 minutes ago, Slap said:
36 minutes ago, Dylannn said:
I can confirm that this is fact as I also currently own a flashed MK4 Golf and it hoons

How much did it cost?

Unsure as I bought the car with the flash tune. I think the guy I purchased it off pulled the ECU and had it posted to them, they reflashed it and sent it back. A guy called Gavin did it what currently works for Underground Performance located in Melbourne 

Unsure as I bought the car with the flash tune. I think the guy I purchased it off pulled the ECU and had it posted to them, they reflashed it and sent it back. A guy called Gavin did it what currently works for Underground Performance located in Melbourne 
Sorry i ment the car?

On 3/22/2019 at 3:11 PM, Slap said:
On 3/22/2019 at 2:12 PM, Dylannn said:

Sorry i ment the car?

4k, looking at selling it soon if you're interested