SAU Community

Rb25det s2 wont run corekt

Hi ther all friends and foes, i have recently had huge problems with my RB25det S2 (auto) , wher the car is running fine when cold, when it starts getting up to temp its starts to mess up, somtimes at 3000 somtimes at 4000, and when its warm up its ok agen. At one od the videos below, i have full throtle, car struggels and dosent do anything, then hits 4000rpm and it launches.

Btw. Dont mind the temp gauge, belive the sensor for the gauge is messed up so it lives it own life

Ther is no air leaks, no vacume leaks, coils are new, plugs are new, tried replacing maf 2 times.

When MAF is disconekted the engien wil stop.

Alsow from what i can finde online, the tps is supose to have 5v (i have around 4.5) when fully open, and betwen 0.3-0.5 when closed (alot of wierd answers on the internett)

Stuff that have recently been done:

- Adjusted timing to 15° (pulled TPS and Brown idle controll valve stick)

- New coils

- New plugs

"Mods"

-3" exhaust from turbo and back

- pod filter

20190214_145440.jpg

Disconnect the water temp sensor that goes to the ecu (the one with 2 terminals) when you turn the car off. Start again when the car is cold (overnight ideally).. If your car runs better (ecu has a standby map) then you need to replace that sensor.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Disconnect the water temp sensor that goes to the ecu (the one with 2 terminals) when you turn the car off. Start again when the car is cold (overnight ideally).. If your car runs better (ecu has a standby map) then you need to replace that sensor.

Wil try :)

11 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Put OEM coil packs in or Splitfires and see if it goes away.

I can try bit dubt it wil do anything, error acured after i finaly figured out my timing isue, feels like the car stil has timing isues but is 99%sure it dosent, 

50 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I won't go into detail about those coloured coil packs, but just do a few searches.

I know ther is alot pf hate on the yellow jacket, but was all i had cash for, have been unemploied for 2 years, and they seam fine, been looking over then for all the normall stuff that ppl cpmplain about.

But always worth the try

29 minutes ago, TheKenso said:

I know ther is alot pf hate on the yellow jacket, but was all i had cash for, have been unemploied for 2 years, and they seam fine, been looking over then for all the normall stuff that ppl cpmplain about.

But always worth the try

It's not hate, it's fact. Look at them all you want but don't assume they are actually working properly!

2 years no job is a solid effort 

11 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Disconekted the temp sensor, drove it for 5 minutes, stoped the car, when i started it 5 min after the car woudent start befor i replugged it

5 hours ago, TheKenso said:

Disconekted the temp sensor, drove it for 5 minutes, stoped the car, when i started it 5 min after the car woudent start befor i replugged it

You shouldn't have stopped the car. If you unplug the sensor the ecu has a default map which has no relation to actual engine temps which will take it through until normal operating temps. By stopping the car you reset the ecu to cold start whereas the engine was no longer cold. I suggest you get a new temp sensor (the one with 2 terminals) - they are only about $30 from an auto electrician.

And there is no way you can tell if your yellow jackets are any good by looking at them. Try gapping your plugs down to 0.8mm or even .6mm

14 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

You shouldn't have stopped the car. If you unplug the sensor the ecu has a default map which has no relation to actual engine temps which will take it through until normal operating temps. By stopping the car you reset the ecu to cold start whereas the engine was no longer cold. I suggest you get a new temp sensor (the one with 2 terminals) - they are only about $30 from an auto electrician.

And there is no way you can tell if your yellow jackets are any good by looking at them. Try gapping your plugs down to 0.8mm or even .6mm

Cant leave the car running when u have to get the kid from kindergarden, somone migtj be jelly.

Out ther on the webs, when u just search For stuff about the yellow jacket ther ar eppl talking about craks, bad this bad thst so ther are indecators on the coils beeing bad, but are gonna pur the oem back in, not thst i think ther wil be any diffrence

Yellow jackets suck. You don't need to see cracks to realise that when you have experienced it yourself. They can look perfect and not work properly. How they are still around I have no idea.

Also just curious how are you managing to spell so badly ? Doesn't your phone do autocorrect? Makes it pretty hard to read.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

Yellow jackets suck. You don't need to see cracks to realise that when you have experienced it yourself. They can look perfect and not work properly. How they are still around I have no idea.

Also just curious how are you managing to spell so badly ? Doesn't your phone do autocorrect? Makes it pretty hard to read.

Auto corekt is more of pain the help, but atleast i speack 2 languages,