You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• The Link is a great investment LONG TERM. ADD a WB02(pending ecu maybe able to wire direct to ecu), IAT sensor, 2 wire bosch knock sensor and MAC valve minimum. Tuning yourself with no experience is not a good idea, pay for the car to be tuned by someone that knows the software and platform. Unless you are willing to invest alot of time and money with guidance from an experienced person into learning its not worth having a go yourself and potentially destroying an engine or having multiple issues.  Look at HP Academy, Evans tuning school and Link forum for more info or attending courses for 1 on 1 lessons (I did all this). I have been down this path and for me it was worth it at the time, I was limited with tuners available where I lived and enjoyed the learning but had a very good understanding mechanically and electrically of how everything worked together. I did work at a shop tuning for a short period and thats where I learnt more. I'd be talking with any local shops and going with what they recommend as you will need support over time and good sticking with the same tuner if they are highly recommended and experienced.     
    • This is not what I said. What I said was, any shop. ANY TUNER, EVER, is only going to get your tune dialled into like 80% of how nice it can be. This is not a knock against tuners. This is just because there's only so well you can dial a car in in a couple of hours on a dyno. You (and they, and anyone) needs TIME and lots of it, to really dial in a car. People are not going to pay 200+ hours of dyno time to fully tune a car. But your labor is free. In any scenario, you would get a tuner to do the baseline stuff, and tune the car. You can learn and refine it, to patch up the little gaps that WILL be in there, because tuners cannot predict the future, which is exactly what GTSBoy is saying. Having things like Wideband O2 control is a very useful training tool where as something like Nistune is a more 'basic' ECU, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's better/easier to learn on. You have much less safeties in it too. You get tuning wrong, you can destroy your motor in seconds.
    • I'm staying Nistune until I am forced not to. And I tune myself. Well, some of my tuning anyway. My Bro-in-law is a gun tuner and much prefers to be in control on the dyno. I just make some changes with road tuning when required. But I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND trying to tune an engine from a cold start (and I'm talking about you being a cold start, not the engine). Recipe for unhappiness. It is something you need to build up familiarity with and skills on.
    • So what youre saying is, a nistune would require extensive dyno'ing etc to even get remotely close to driving like factory, where as a LINK would do the same with ease? If I go link, it would most likely be tuned by myself, learning from scratch. Where as Nistune, would be tuned probably by a shop. But to be honest, as much as Id like the huge capabilty of the LINK, still debating on LINK + Self tune (no experience at all) vs nistune + tuned by a shop.. Actually while ont his topic, just want to check pricing/requirements. Link / Haltech ECU $2000-$2500 Wideband (Got a brand new LSU4.9 in the garage, just gotta get a gauge/controller?) FMIC $700? (probably blitz) NISTUNE Nistune installation <$500 Tune <$1000 FMIC $700 (blitz?) R35 MAF ~$350?  
    • I have a gen 2 3076 with 11 blade wheel. Wanting something similar size but in a 6/6 blade configuration (mostly for the mad dose 😁)    Any turbo recommendations? I have a stroked 2.8 but mainly looking for low end response.