SAU Community

Back again with the dream car BNR32

r32gtstJ

Hi Guys,

It's been a while, I am a Kiwi who moved over to Japan a few years back and have settled in Tokyo.

I have always loved the R32, have owned a couple of GTST's before and since I am in Japan now, decided to go for gold and score the best possible BNR32 I can get my hands on.

The car arrived on a truck a few days back and gotta say, as it is my dream car, no words can explain my joy at the moment,

Nismo and Nissan have been on the ball resupplying the parts for the R32, and I have no shortage of parts supply if something needs attention for now... I guess that is one of the advantages of living here, 

During the whole purchasing ordeal, there has been a lot of processes involved and Japan in my opinion, has their way of doing things, so no let's wing it attitude sits in well with these folks lol.

It took a couple of weeks to get the Japanese version of WOF called "Shaken" but overall, besides the RIDICULOUS parking costs, all was pretty smooth.

I miss NZ where you can just park on your own driveway, In Tokyo, you will be doing well if you find one below $300 per month.

Now Let's Talk about the car,

Pretty standard, nothing in the engines has been touched, currently tuned to 380ps.

Model 1991 Skyline GTR R32 BNR32

Milage: 47000km

Engine: Stock

Turbo: Twin HKS 2510, HKS turbine outlet

Cooling: ARC intercooler, HKS IC piping kit, 

Intake: ARC Super Induction box

Exhaust: Apex front pipe, Apex RS muffler,

Suspension / Drivetrain: HKS reinforced clutch (I think it's a twin push type early model, absolute B**itch to drive in in traffic, real narrow biting point and very sensitive), Ohlins suspension,  Tein pillow ball tension rod

Brakes: Winmax brake pads

Electrical: HKS EVC5, Tomei Speedometer, Trust gauges in the glovebox, Defi Boost gauge on Steering wheel column Will provide pics soon

Interior: Nismo seat covers, Italvolanti steering wheel

Wheel: Volkracing CE28N 8.5X17 +22 , 

Tires: Dunlop Direzza Z3 255-40-17

I may have missed something but this is the current status of the car.

I don't plan to go tracking but want to escape the city on the weekends to explore the less populated areas of Japan, I will probably be on the sensible side when it comes to driving on foreign lands.

I absolutely love the car after taking it out on the highway, it was an absolute pleasure to dive, the sound, the pull everything was better than I hoped.

I should be posting the slight issue on another section but as I have your attention, I wished to ask you guys quickly.

On the way back, from the very awesome drive, some car far ahead had an accident in the tunnel and I ended up being stuck in heavy traffic, I have a clutch setup which seems to be one of the worst most sensitive (only on 1st year, either from standstill, or rolling very slowly), unforgiving setups I have ever driven, NOT fun stuck in traffic jam for an hour, 

If you guys have any suggestions for a street usable/friendly clutch ideas, please feel free to let me now, something that does not give you a dead leg even if you are stuck behind traffic, and something that allows a smoother start on 1st gear, right now, I have to give it gas about 2-3000rpm and release the clutch very very gently or the ting just tries to launch and hop etc.

I have heard the Nismo twin plate? ones were good, but not sure it will be better than my old HKS setup and in what way, my one feels very sensitive (narrow biting point if that makes sense) they can be a pain to drive in traffic etc..

Anyways,

Thank you for reading my post and I wish to catch up with any GTR owners based in Tokyo! hit me up if you are around.

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Beyond Blue R33 said:

Totally awesome.  If you don't mind me asking....... how much did you pay for it?

Hey, It wasn’t on the cheap side, good ones are getting less in numbers due to so many being shipped out to the US,

I’d say around 4 million yen, was the price I paid.

I suggest if anyone is looking to import a R32 GTR from Japan, you have to dig pretty deep, the ones on the surface are pretty crazy in pricing for a clean one, and the shitters still go for around 2- 2.8 million yen.

Went for the first Car wash in Japan after getting her,

It's not easy to just wash your own car on your driveway in Japan so made my way to the nearest self service car wash.

Gotta work on what type of products to buy in Japan since I can't read most things haha,

Just a bit of self-satisfaction, next up would be a good service just in case, and possibly a suspension refresh and detailing to swap over any rusted bolts and bits!

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

• Like 1