SAU Community

Long time listener first time caller ER34

TKUSHI_ER34

3 hours ago, Slap said:

What psi are the waste gates set to stock?

Why cant they run a non bled line?

About 7psi

Ask Nissan

. Other cars are like that so they revert to lower boost if there is an issue. Subaru do it for example.

1 hour ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Getting confused. This is not a GTR but an RB25DET.

Yeah, you're right.  I started out on message and somehow confused myself into thinking we were talking about a GTR.

But apart from the hose clamp on the top vac line being a zip tie, so long as that line goes to the solenoid and then from the solenoid back to the turbo inlet, it would be plumbed up according to how it should work.

I must admit I have not paid any attention to what the standard boost plumbing on a Neo looks like, because I don't think I've ever seen one!  First thing that gets changed, normally.  There weren't even any such lines on my engine when I bought it.

Been searching and searching relentlessly but can’t find any info on stock plumbing for this. It’s still boost 14psi or so. Just staying out of it atm until it’s sorted. 

Removed the pushrod on the gate flapper and it moves freely. Unsure if normal but almost impossible to move the push rod by hand. 

At this stage I’m guessing something vac line wise is backwards or the solenoid is dead? 

Thinking of finding another stock wastegate and maybe solenoid. 

Sounds like the wastegate is fine but there may be a problem with the actuator. The solenoid is unlikely to be the problem. You could short out the lines leading to the solenoid to check. Can you find another Neo powered car to check under the bonnet (although almost everybody modifies the boost in some way)?

Alrighty little update. 

Havent driven the car for a few days purely out of fear of this overboosting issue. Purchased a near new HKS EVC6 boost controller. Will be installing that this weekend. 

I think I figured out my oil temp issue. This is just a stab in the dark but after having the car sitting all night. Especially in this chilly Victorian weather I’m assuming my oil temp shouldn’t be around the 80 degree mark on first start up? Haha... I’ve never really taken notice of it until this morning when I got up for work at 3am and it was 9 degrees out side. So my theory is that my oil temp is reading 10-15 degrees to high? 

Ordered some splitfires which have arrived so plans for this weekend is to do the oil change finally, Gap the plugs lower, install the coil packs and install the HKS AVC6 and then see where we end up after that.

fingers crossed ? we have a good result afterwards. For now the GTIR will be on daily duties :( 

• Like 1