SAU Community

HELP - left over pipe for RB26DETT BNR34

Hi all,

first of all I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Kury and own a Skyline GTR R34.
I love to work on the Sky myself, but am not a pro mechanic at all.
After removal and strip down of the engine for overhauling, we put back all parts together. The engine fires up and is running smooth and basically I could be very happy about the outcome. Unfortunately I still have one pipe left, that I can not match where to place it the correct location. 

Has anyone seen this part before and can give me guidance, clues and advice where to place it the right way, please?? The engine is dry and nothing is leeking, even after running a while.

Thanks in advance, your support is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Kury

Ölleitung.jpg

Thanks for clarifying.

Checked the brakes, power steering, turbo water waste gate etc. Looks good. No liquids coming out somewhere. Not sure if it might be a part of the transmission. I am really becoming crazy. If anyone has any ideas, more than welcome...

It's definitely a fluid line of some sort. If the brakes work and you didn't chance the clutch line to bypass the damper or something, then it is a coolant line. Did you change any of those or modify the system at all (you said it didn't leak so it's not "missing", it would be immediately pissing out everywhere). 

There are coolant lines into and out of the turbos, they run around the rear of the engine and under the inlet manifold.

It's possible it is an air/boost line for the turbo boost/wastegate control but I didn't think any of them had flare fittings, I think they are all push on.

Guys, you are fantastic and I really appreciate your support.

@DuncanChecked the turbos, as I thought it might be the coolant line from the rear turbo, but everything looks goods. 

@Duncan and @KiwiRS4T: The clutch is a great idea I havent checked yet. We removed the engine and also replaced the tranmission oil. Maybe it is a fluid line out of there.

Thanks for the advice and hopefully, it will be solved.

Any other clues or ideas, more than welcome!

Cheers,

Kury  

How certain are you that it wasn't lying around before the strip down? It might not be for your car. It's quite a substantial piece, I'd expect you to have some kind of adverse experience from trying to drive. 

Good day,

@PranK: This is what I was assuming as well, but wasn't sure if it would be a good idea to drive without being 100% sure. Don't want to take any risk to damage the vehicle even more. But it will be my last option I think. Thanks a lot for your input, really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Kury