SAU Community

Getting New Vin Plate

rahilp

Im looking at buying an ER34 from auction but only issue is the Vin Plate is missing, done my research and the car checks out fine from what i can find. I've got all the codes i need but does anyone know where i could get a new one from. Only reason I'm chasing after this particular car is because for the value im expecting to get it for because of these and the car itself is quite nice.

Just need a new Blue Vin Plate.

Thanks 

This is to get a compliance plate. The blue plate on the firewall is fitted by Nissan at the factory so you would need to contact Nissan. This plate is largely irrelevant for registration in Australia as it does not have the VIN number issued when the vehicle got complied

Yeah...but it is part of the identity of the car.  In this post Sydney crime gang car rebirthing world that we live in, trying to do something that sounds easy in your head can rapidly run up against the moral outrage of the authorities.

I do blueslips and it is not needed at all to establish registration as it has the import plate/sticker and the 17 digit vin stamped/attached that is all that is required

I'm pretty sure that in SA a car will not pass an identity inspection at Regency without the manufacturer's plate on it, as well as the compliance plate.  I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they had a good look at all of the plates on my car when it was ID'd.  It's going to vary from state to state.

I'm pretty sure that in SA a car will not pass an identity inspection at Regency without the manufacturer's plate on it, as well as the compliance plate.  I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they had a good look at all of the plates on my car when it was ID'd.  It's going to vary from state to state.

Well that’s pretty average isn’t it. Just get a good engraving place to remake one