SAU Community

R32 electical problems

Mikouska

Hi!

Greetings from Finland! I gotta ask help from here because your forum is more active than ours.

So my gts-t has been in pieces for five years now and getting finally back together. My problem is that there's no power for right mirror (yeah, left one works and power comes to socket), also clusters lights are dark + air conditioner panel is completely dark..Might be something else too, but these I've noticed this far.

All fuses checked and some relays.. Is there maybe same grounding point for all these or am I missing something?

Just for your delight, couple photos of my old piece of shit.

spacer.png

spacer.png

You're going to have to chase the loom with a multimeter.  There's nothing we can do to help you find the vehicle specific fault that is causing that.  It could be anything from a broken wire to a multi-pin plug not assembled correctly.  Start probing.  Use the RB20 wiring diagrams from the R32 GTR workshop manual.

On 4/8/2019 at 2:40 AM, niZmO_Man said:

Welcome to late 80's/early 90's wiring.

Yeah, I've had this for eight years.

I have just seen lots of topics about gauges and windows which had lost power during winter etc. But yeah, maybe I just start searching.

On my car, rear wiper stopped working, HICAS constantly wants to kill me, ATTESA craps out randomly, window motors are slow iz (not wiring but you get what I mean). Lots to do (that's the fun of it).

While you're at it, for the love of your headlight switch, put relays on your headlight circuits (use one of the OE headlight plugs as trigger source).

6 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

On my car, rear wiper stopped working, HICAS constantly wants to kill me, ATTESA craps out randomly, window motors are slow iz (not wiring but you get what I mean). Lots to do (that's the fun of it).

While you're at it, for the love of your headlight switch, put relays on your headlight circuits (use one of the OE headlight plugs as trigger source).

Yeah, I put relays years ago and also for fuel pump. This is really the first time I've had problems with electrics. 

Hopefully this diagram can help you.  

spacer.png

From what I can decipher, both right and left mirror motors share the same power source, and so does rear wiper motor.  So if left mirror and rear wiper both work, I am going to guess it's the left/right switch not making good contact.  Just see if you can take it apart and clean the brass contact plates inside, sometimes gunk would build up on those contact points. 

If that's clean and you are getting voltage there, then possibly the motors are gone.  But I think that's less unlikely because it appears to have 2 motors on each mirror, and chances are low to have both motors go bad together.

• Like 1