• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Sign in to follow this  
trav1s

Oil leak from exhaust manifold

Hi,

Hoping to get some advise here, so I've recently put in 272 cams, valve springs, cometic MLS head gasket and ARP head studs. Everything went well, car fired up and started the process of running in the camshafts, but noticed there was oil pooling and running down the exhaust manifold from where the turbo meets the exhaust flange, and seems to be leaking from the exhaust manifold itself. There's no oil in the cylinders as the spark plugs are bone dry and no smoke out the exhaust either which leaves to be believe possibly a few valve stem seals may have become unseated?

I've pulled the head back off and seems to be number 6 cylinder where the oil is seeping out from, I've ripped both valve stem seals out and they seem okay....bit crusty and brittle though, has anyone seen anything like this? I'm thinking either head gasket isn't sealing correctly or the exhaust valve stem seals are rooted.

Cheers,

Edited by trav1s