SAU Community

Is this going to reduce legacy GT-R prices?

I always thought that US buyers want the authentic "JDM yo" experience of getting a GT-R out of Japan. 

Exporting a car from Oz just won't have the same appeal to the murican buyers. It may happen once the cars become really scarce but since they are mass produced there is no real shortage (not including the limited edition stuff of course) 

Thanks. Say, if most of the GTRs move out of Japan to elsewhere, to Aus. for example, then the supply in our domestic market will inherently increase and we'll then become a mini Japan / home for these cars (just for the sake of saying).
If this happens, then why do the prices need to be so high in the Oz market, where what's happening in Japan isn't relevant to our market to an extent. In the end, it appears that all of these prices are then being driven by US peeps who have the cash to go out of their way to get these GTRs, when the 25 year rule or whatever starts applying to these cars. Some V-Spec R34 GTRs appear to be listed at almost twice their realistic price.
I think I just need to stop crying and accept the fact that I'm not going to own one ?
Ok... you've given me a bit there. My two cents (and i dont know much, i work in IT) If Australia holds a stock of GTRs greater than that of Japan, this will change the market slightly.

What won't happen is a price adjustment down. You need to assume that all the GTRs have been bought out of Japan due to demand. Whether that is investor based or owner based. This increase in demand will have seen prices rise throughout the process, so GTRs have never been more expensive (in this thoeretical situation).

What happens next would be a change of primary source for stock. Instead of buying out of Japan, some people will take the cheaper option of buying from Australia.

This will continue until the buyers of GTRs get too old and run out of money/csre factor. One of the big driving forces behind prices is whose buying them. It's people like me, who wanted one when I was 18 but could never afford it.

A good example of this is Australian and US muscle cars from the 60s and 70s. Yeah they're cool, but i don't want one. My dad wants one (or did want one). The GTR is my Falcon GTHO or Monaro. People like me are driving up prices (sorry).