• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

GTR1993

VR38 build

Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of a guide. I have a complete R35 GTR that I stripped down, the vr38 has a Samsonas sequential being it backed by a 32 GTR transfer case, 32 GTR with quaife in the back and quaife and albins gear set in the front diff.

Cut a long story short I have a bit of a build thread on another forum but I'm trying to sort out the parts for my VR38. I already have G25 660 .72 externals for it and I'm looking at approx 1200hp crank maximum on E85.

My thought process at the moment is

Carillion rods with carrs

CP pistons

ARP main studs?

Aged 625 ARP head studs

Kelford 272 cams and springs.

Motor runs motec m150 and daily dry sump pump but but is tba as I am trying to find some room in the front of this thing. I have a Waterman mech already that I will run this in the back with a cable. 

My question is do I run pistons on the stock bore and select the correct clearance piston skirt. That is option 1

Option 2 is run the small dry Darrin liners so it is a simple known quantity with approx standard bore pistons. I like this option also bit is preference 2.

Option 2 is not what I want and that is to run MID liners. I'm not sure I want to pull that much alloy out of the block.

If anyone has some experience please give me a hand. Unfortunately I am burning hours designing up custom dry sumps and bell housings for this thing and would like to not reinvent the wheel with this.

Thanks

IMG_20190406_141543_446.jpg

IMG_20190406_141543_448.jpg