SAU Community

Hi All, 

After abit of searching I have picked up a 99 Nissan laurel c35, the lad I bought the car off said it has a RB25DET neo? He also claimed the car was making 350bhp without any supporting mods on just a ecu tune..  I cannot see many mods, it used to have anti lag on a link ecu but that has since been swapped back to standard ecu ( so he claimed) I’m new to rb’s and after a lot of searching online they all look the same and here I am on here looking for a few answers & apologies if these questions have been answered before  ?

1) is this RB25DET a neo? Series 1/2?? 

2) traction control.. I’m having a hard time getting the rear wheels Spinning is this because traction control is either on (switch) or there is a problem with the diff? No visible switch in car.. (just want to do a few burnouts and donuts.. I’ve been away a lot and only have been cruising with my daughter in the car when I’m home) 

3) apparently it has a lsd diff but it makes lots of noise when in 1st gear and clunks on tight turns/reversing, can hear the tyre squeak ( it’s a loud clunk) would this be welded or a 2way diff? 

4) engine mods.. I’m looking for roughly 450bhp and what mods would be needed to hit my goal??

5) direct bolt on turbo for my RB?? What size flange is it t4, t3? Injector size to reach 450bhp

Last question.. 

6) ET wheel sizes.. I have my eye on some 18” xxr’s 526 9j et 25.. would these fit on?? I’m very unsure about spending 1k for them not to fit ? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! 

Regards.

18A0944F-FB6A-44FE-B49F-4A5A8666FD10.jpeg

696DB848-79EF-4769-9A58-CDD25F04EF13.jpeg

0B1FC088-AF54-4D4F-9FCF-7FB2B28E511A.jpeg

E573452B-0347-47FB-9DBD-9FFD74C2EEF7.jpeg

It looks like a Neo.  It does not have the R34's throttle body (the one that includes the additional TB for traction control). It could have been removed and replaced with something else (R33, or maybe cut down) or the whole engine could be from a Stagea.

On a standard turbo @12 psi, using stock ECU (with Nistune in it) and a good tune, mine makes ~191rwkW on a pretty honest dyno.  That's ~250HP at the wheels, ~340 HP at the flywheel.  350 HP at the engine is possible with just a tiny bit more boost, better engine, happier dyno, etc etc.  Totally believable.  It will feel fast, but not scary fast.

You have no traction control.  There is none.

A tight mechanical LSD will clunk and carry on on tight slow turns.

I will not give you advice on engine mods or turbo choices, as there are 299x10^85 threads on here.  Do some searching.  There's a whole sticky thread on turbos at the top of the Forced Induction forum.

I can't comment on wheels.  Google will be your friend.

• Like 2