SAU Community

Bride seats for R33

I was looking at purchasing these for my R33: https://carbonetics.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=339&product_id=6813

I know they are chinese copies, but are they any good? I am looking for new seats for my r33 which hold better, I was considering R33 GTR seats but cannot find any in good condition for less then $1000 a seat. 

Do any brides have ADR compliance? 

Are you willing to risk your life in them?
If you crash your insurance company won’t pay you anything for having a non compliant item fitted to your car
Have you tried searching yahoo auctions japan for genuine r33 seats?

• Like 1

There's a now famous video of a guy in an Integra who crashes on a racetrack with his mate in the car. Give that a view before you go chinese or knock off.

Custom fabricated or genuine rails only, another question you should ask is that do you see any WTAC guys cheap out on seats or harnesses?

And no aftermarket seat is 100% ADR, all the advertised crap is just that crap. None of these seats go through crash testing.

For a street car, you can't beat stock GT-R seats from R32 to R34.

On 4/17/2019 at 4:35 PM, UWISSH! said:

Are you willing to risk your life in them?
If you crash your insurance company won’t pay you anything for having a non compliant item fitted to your car
Have you tried searching yahoo auctions japan for genuine r33 seats?

Yes I have searched buyee.jp for r33 gtr seats and cannot find anything. I won't buy these, but a lot of JDM parts are not ADR Compliant some of which I have on my car like TEIN coilovers, BLITZ front mount etc etc.

On 4/18/2019 at 9:26 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Custom fabricated or genuine rails only, another question you should ask is that do you see any WTAC guys cheap out on seats or harnesses?

And no aftermarket seat is 100% ADR, all the advertised crap is just that crap. None of these seats go through crash testing.

For a street car, you can't beat stock GT-R seats from R32 to R34.

Where can I find some? Any other suggestions on good seats from the likes of Recaro or Sparco? In saying that neither of these are adr compliant are they?

Yes I have searched buyee.jp for r33 gtr seats and cannot find anything. I won't buy these, but a lot of JDM parts are not ADR Compliant some of which I have on my car like TEIN coilovers, BLITZ front mount etc etc.

Yes and if you crash and these are on your car and your insurance doesn’t know or hasn’t agreed to cover them then there is a high chance that you will not receive a payout and have to cover any damages from your own pocket

Ok, the seats arrived on Friday. Have to say I am very impressed with the build quality being essentially a Chinese rip off. The recliner is strong and feels robust and the seat is comfortable and holds very well surprisingly. I bought the rails from the same manufacturer I linked in the OP and everything was bolt in. Can't complain for $650 shipped. 

Did you pull the seat base apart to have a look at the quality of the welds on the frame?

I did when i had one and was horrified with what i saw. There was holes burnt through the thin metal and instead of throwing it out and starting again they just tacked inside the hole.

Some reps are ok, others are not. You should definitely give the lower base and welds a thorough inspection. You will need to remove the lower fabric and padding. Pretty easy to take off and put back on.

This is assuming they're reclineable and not bucket seats.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...