SAU Community

New hypergear fitted over the weekend.

Fitted a new highflow rb25 hypergear turbo over the weekend with ease. With my mates lift and his help we got it done in bout five hours. Along with a new tomei 3” downpipe. My question is how many miles do y’all typically put on your new turbos before you start doing pulls in them. So far just baby driving to and from work I’ve got about 75 miles on it. I’ve scheduled a dyno tune next Friday for official HP numbers. 

^^^what he said...you need the tune before you can start thrashing it...or even driving it really. Have you got bigger injectors, fuel pump, and an aftermarket ecu or  nistune chip?

1 minute ago, KiwiRS4T said:

^^^what he said...you need the tune before you can start thrashing it...or even driving it really. Have you got bigger injectors, fuel pump, and an aftermarket ecu or  nistune chip?

I have a walbro 255 in it and a Nistune chip. I had it tuned back in October on the stock rb20 turbo and we found the stock fuel pump was very weak so few weeks ago I replaced it with the walbro and then this last Sunday threw the new turbo in. 

2 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Baby it around, get it to barely come onto boost. 

Check for leaks, fill it up and drive to your tuner.

Send It!

Basically what I have been doing. Saw 2-3psi max. Seen a tad bit of coolant in the garage floor but not totally sure if it’s residual from the swap or a tiny leak at the banjo