SAU Community

Intercooler piping

blitzer31

Hey All,

My build is coming along well. I need to get some custom intercooler piping made up. Currently have mild steel piping and not sure if this is good enough. Opinions? The web is devided from my searching.

Anyone have suggestions of a workshop that can do this in the Narre Warren area and also how much do you think its going to cost?

If mild steel is fine just need a few modifications made to the current for the new intercooler. 

Attached some photos. 

Thanks guys.

20190416_170757.jpg

20190416_170714.jpg

20190416_170710.jpg

20190416_170704.jpg

20190416_170639.jpg

20190416_170633.jpg

20190416_170532.jpg

Nothing wrong with mild steel.  It's just heavier than aluminium, that's all.

I'd be remaking the red one from scratch, probably try to find a better way than to jam it between the comp cover and the cam cover vent.

The return pipe / outlet from the cooler is aids.  I would prefer to relocate the outlet on the tank than try to make that pipe bend any tighter.

Thanks guys for the replies. I'll give Carved coatings a call and go from there. 

Anyone have a contact who can help with cutting and re-bending the current cooler piping to fit new cooler?

Hey All, 

So I have gone with a new Blitz SE intercooler kit from Just Jap. This will allow me to use the current/stock holes. 

In the future if I do go with a intake manifold, I will get the piping changed.

What do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Man, 

Yeah that's one option. I want to clean up the whole engine bay and get it looking smick. Next on the list is to get the RWC sorted for the car. erghh that's going to be fun. Not sure how the heck I am going to get one.

• 10 months later...

right on looks great. just an fyi i hair spray all my rubber connectors with hairspray helps keep them on with bigger boost, and helps with leaks. cheeers mate looks great.