SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Engine wash

Shyboy

Hey people 

so I started my car(after a month)and let it warm up for 10-15min and walked away like an idiot , and only realising when sitting back in the car of the smell, I got rid of most rat shit but I’m sure there is more , and worried about chewed up lines and wires??

Just wanted to know if steam/hot water cleaning by a professional car detailer is safe?

Cheers

1 minute ago, Shyboy said:

Hey people 

so I started my car(after a month)and let it warm up for 10-15min and walked away like an idiot , and only realising when sitting back in the car of the smell, I got rid of most rat shit but I’m sure there is more , and worried about chewed up lines and wires??

Just wanted to know if steam/hot water cleaning by a professional car detailer is safe?

Cheers

Wut?

Yes if I could .lots of rat shit and urine on engine covers , under plenum around injectors.... all over engine and all stuck badly I tried blowing them off but no luck ?

Have you tried truckwash or aerosol degreaser?  They remove most things organic.  A pressure washer might work but could also push water into places you don't want.

I'd go with a just hose pressure and truckwash to start with.

That's what you get running without a cat :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

So ended up using spray degreaser and washed it down with soapy water and hosed it down and let it sit for a week .

luckily they haven’t chewed up any wires that I could see.

Anyway It started up first go?

• Like 1