SAU Community

Can’t seem to figure it out

My 91 R32 GT-R runs perfect but every once and awhile while I’m cruising the car will lose power like you shut the car off for less than a second. It’s like the ignition system quicks working and then works. 

No engine code or anything. And it’s so quick that I can’t seem to catch anything on my logs to get a idea of what it is. 

Power FC ecu with Data loggit  new plugs, coil harness, ground kit , new battery, soon new coils  

what could it be? 

38 minutes ago, WiKKiDTT said:

Just  cruising on the highway typically when it happens. Like 115-120

Ok, that may not be the issue then. If they're not under load, i wouldn't expect them to fail. Does it ever happen when you accelerate (or seem worse under load?)

If it's not that, I would be looking at my battery connections and earthing points (as an easy way to check things out). Certainly my car can be a bit temperamental to crappy earthing connections. If it seems to happen over bumps check this out.

Otherwise, listen to other people on here, i'm sure someone has experienced this before. :)

3 hours ago, Steve85 said:

Ok, that may not be the issue then. If they're not under load, i wouldn't expect them to fail. Does it ever happen when you accelerate (or seem worse under load?)

If it's not that, I would be looking at my battery connections and earthing points (as an easy way to check things out). Certainly my car can be a bit temperamental to crappy earthing connections. If it seems to happen over bumps check this out.

Otherwise, listen to other people on here, i'm sure someone has experienced this before. :)

Yeah never under load. Never over bumps. 

Battery connections are solid and new. Grounding kit using 8 gauge wire to block. Head. Intake. Valve cover. Injector rail and body all straight to the battery. 

1 minute ago, WiKKiDTT said:

Yeah never under load. Never over bumps. 

Battery connections are solid and new. Grounding kit using 8 gauge wire to block. Head. Intake. Valve cover. Injector rail and body all straight to the battery. 

Well, to be honest, I don't know then. If you're confident in your basic electrics, that's where my expertise ends. 

I'd rather not guess through the Internet about someone else's issues. I hope you find the issue. It's a shame when they aren't quite running right, or you feel you can't trust a car. 
Good luck. :D

Yep I think the random Power FC ghost misfire also. Had exactly what was described on my 33 gtr with a brand new GTR33L 8.04a version that I purchased around 2006. Never under power, light throttle only. Bought another new one around 2015 when the EL controller came out and it fixed it. Still in there now. Code still says it's version 8.04a though so they should have been identical, but after the second one went in it never happened again. Same tune carried across from fc datalogit too. Might have been a bad batch around that time with different PCB type or manufacture, different processor, internal code ect. as if you google it there is heaps if people reporting the same issue.

All I know is the latest one definitely fixed it. Never happened with the old RB26, PRO or the 33D code ones as I have had all of them on my 32 before(which has now been replaced by a Haltech Elite 2500)