SAU Community

C35 diff query

Hi... 

im in need of info about what diff to get get for a 1999 c35 laurel, along with ratio’s.. I’m looking to get a 2 way lsd  I’ve been offered a r230 with a 3.69 ratio would this be a straight bolt on??  does anyone know where is the best place to get one or would it be cheaper to buy the bits and rebuild my current case?? Any help would be greatly appreciated ??

B0418BB9-0C6D-4FF0-A435-C7D61FBBFD8F.jpeg

Ah ok I’ll scrap that so... I’ve found this.. https://www.jdm-import.com/jdm-shop/drivetrain/differential/genuine-differential-nissan-skyline-r33-r34-laurel-c35/#prettyPhoto.  Would this be more along the lines??? Any info on how to tell if it is the correct diff??? 

Thanks in advance ?

Edited by Smokey_1507

That's probably the right diff to physically fit your car.  But it is a stock diff, so it's not going to be a mechanical LSD.  If it's an LSD at all (and it possibly is) it will be a poxy viscous diff, with an automatic trans gear ratio.

That would mean it's probably the same diff as you have now.  What you really need to do is to buy a brand new or scondhand 2-way diff centre for your existing diff and get your existing crownwheel put onto it and boost off into the sunset.

• Like 1