SAU Community

Hussla Wheels

Hey all,

Anyone running Hussla wheels? In particular Hussla Gt? I want to see them on a Skyline. What do you all think about these wheels? They look OK but are they considered "cheap" wheels?

Thanks,

Are copies any worse than all the factory alloys that come standard with cars?

Yes they may not be full forged like volk etc but I doubt car manufacturers are using full forged rims on your typical Hyundai etc

1 hour ago, UWISSH! said:

Are copies any worse than all the factory alloys that come standard with cars?

How long is your piece of string? Copies can be anywhere from perfectly fine to absolute death traps.  You won't know until you find out.  Hit a small rock on the road and have the rim come apart?  Possible.  Have the thing go out of round because of poor metalllurgy?  Possible.  Have it be 50% heavier than the wheel they copied because the copy shop doesn't have access to the techniques used by the original?  Possible.

Or it could be damn near as good. Luck of the draw.

After seeing some horror pics of wheels from Aaron at @Import Monster I vowed to never buy cheap wheels again. Imagine one of those spokes cracking in half at freeway speeds!

Get OEM or at least quality wheels. They are copies of Work 11R I think which means they wont be that pricy for legit ones.

work11rmatteblack.jpg

You can find videos on fake wheels vs. the real thing, e.g.

Reason I mentioned Enkei is their wheels are quite cheap, not fancy forged, but their casting/spinning/whatever techniques is plenty for the street (they also make OEM wheels e.g. STI). I've seen RPF01 crack on a track R33 GT-R, so they did great (for a non-forged wheel) but aren't invincible.

Why not spend a bit more and get the real thing?
https://www.jdmconcept.com.au/part/work/emotion-d9r