SAU Community

flex fuel setups, who's used what units?

oxford1327

contemplating doing a flex fuel setup on my banana mobile, so was wondering what the brains trust has to say regarding certain brands and what the pre-work requirements are etc to make it a more painless conversion .

i'm aware i'll need to do the pump and the hoses etc, but as to what types of hose, models of in-tank pumps/flow rate etc id like to have some education on, so fire away and hit me with the Pro's and Cons of certain equipment and why...

not looking to make a squillion killerwasps but have a bit more snort when "needed" and the E- sugar juice is available 

What power are you trying to support? deatschwerks dw300 is a good e85 rated pump that supports good flow and is 39mm diameter body so is a “drop in” solution. Get like 3m or so of raceworks 400 series push loc hose (e85 rated) and change in tank lines, soft lines from tank to hard line, soft lines from hard line to fuel rail and also the short sections that are in the fuel rail. You will also need a 10 micron stainless filter. Not too sure if the oem fpr is suited for e85. This is my plan for when I get around to it. 

1 hour ago, daneprostamobrown said:

What power are you trying to support? deatschwerks dw300 is a good e85 rated pump that supports good flow and is 39mm diameter body so is a “drop in” solution. Get like 3m or so of raceworks 400 series push loc hose (e85 rated) and change in tank lines, soft lines from tank to hard line, soft lines from hard line to fuel rail and also the short sections that are in the fuel rail. You will also need a 10 micron stainless filter. Not too sure if the oem fpr is suited for e85. This is my plan for when I get around to it. 

Cheers for that, not looking at going beyond 300kw absolute maximum, in fact I'd be stoked to get to 250kw, before I put water to air intercooler on the car was struggling to maintain 175kw with a return flow front mount.

Now with the water to air the car feels a lot stronger so to speak and not fighting itself to make or maintain power if that makes sense? 

Drive train wise here's short list of what it's got so far, forged pistons, very light valve work, hypergear ball bearing highflow, 725cc injectors, Nistuned,audi R8 coilpack conversion, 10mm plenum spacer, 140amp alternator, shift kitted auto, 3" front to back exhaust, high flow cat and magnaflow shoosher. 

Anything else other than fuel delivery that I need to think of changing or upgrading now? 

Im running the dw300 pump with 740cc injectors, stock fpr, making 310rwkw. The above hardware will get you to 300rwkw but not much more. Im running at 90% duty cycle on the injectors with the above combo. You may do a little better with your 140amp alternator.

I would source the flex sensor from a reputable source, i got mine through nistune after getting dodgy one through ebay.

Just now, admS15 said:

Im running the dw300 pump with 740cc injectors, stock fpr, making 310rwkw. The above hardware will get you to 300rwkw but not much more. Im running at 90% duty cycle on the injectors with the above combo. You may do a little better with your 140amp alternator.

I would source the flex sensor from a reputable source, i got mine through nistune after getting dodgy one through ebay.

Fantastic, thanks for the info 

29 minutes ago, daneprostamobrown said:

return flow intercoolers are shite. i have one and my next upgrade is to a plazmaman or similar. why you running a plenum spacer?

Purely for clearances of the R8 coilpack conversion, they put ke up a long way