SAU Community

flex fuel or straight e85

Depends on your access to E85. If you can't be sure of a supply then flex fuel is indicated. There will be little difference in cost of the installation but a bit more time on the dyno.

Best thing I ever did was go flex, I had a faulty fuel gauge and ran out of fuel and because of the flex tune i was able to stick some 98 in it and drive home

+1 For Flex. I don't know about any of the intricacies around the install/dyno time setups, but for me, running flex means I can pull in to almost any service station and fill the car up with a suitable fuel. It means that I never have to worry about running out (well almost, thanks 5L per 100km ?). 

If you're going to do it from scratch it seems like running flex would be a more practical setup for the real world. 

And with today's ECUs and software you're able to set E85 as your primary table and use the compensation tables to correct when you're not using E85.

Means your E85 would be perfect (so to speak) and anything less than E85 to E0 would have the compensation tables blended ontop based on the ethanol concentration.