SAU Community

R34 rear diff lsd

All

was out on drift day and car was shit

it actted like open diff and having read many posts everyone says it is lsd however they wear and either need ri shimming or change oil

some said it is open in first and lsd kicks in, in second gear which again mine was spinning on one side throughout

so what would you do?

don’t want to weld it as it is a daily car

secondly hicas has not being removed so it still has hicas but fuse pulled

could hicas even though off be causing it to work as open diff?

You don't say what kind of car you have. Never heard of an LSD which was "open in 1st" nor that a change of oil will fix it.

What would I do? What I did  for my car was to buy a rear end from an R32 GTR which gave me a mechanical LSD, GTR axles and brakes and in your case would do away with the HiCas.

Or you could just get a known good or new LSD and a proper HiCas delete kit.

• Like 1

Stock diff is a viscous LSD, changing the gear oil inside the diff housing won't so anything.

Your options are (starting from cheapest

1. Shim up it's mum up

2. Hit the centre with a welder, weld up it's mum 

3. Install a helical centre from a R34 GT-t Series 2 (rare as shit, but maybe you'll find one in the UK out of a stolen burnt out wreck because some lads took it for  spin)

4. Buy a proper LSD.

As if you only have to buy from the UK.  You could get it something direct from Japan, you could probably call Quaife (if you wanted a helical) and get them to make you one right there in the UK.  You could go and watch them make it.

I wouldn't weld a diff....too crudo 1990s stylo for me. Horrible to live with too. As I said, do it properly, or don't do it at all.

• Like 2