SAU Community

Best insurance for R34 GTT?

Hey guys. Im just about to buy an R34 GTT, this will be the first car iv ever bought for myself and I was curious how much everyone else is paying to insure their cars and for how much its insured for?

Any tips ect would be awesome too, im from NSW and im buying from VIC so i wouldnt really know how the transfer or state would work either. 

Im 21 years old and never had a traffic violation.

Bomb insurance is probably the best option....I'm with AAMI and it costs me under $300 but I'm way past 25.  And with bomb insurance you are only insured against damage you do to others, so you have to be able to fix/repair or replace your own car out of your own pocket.

But given that 2wd Skyline's are sub $15K, you can probably buy a new one every 5-10 years based on savings from Comprehensive vs Bomb.

Also try to go for as a high a excess as you can, it helps lower what you pay, but then again you trade off small scratches and dings cos you have to [again] pay for them yourself. 

BTW...I've had bomb insurance on all my vehicles now for the last 20-25 years and only had 3 prangs and none my fault so the other party paid.