SAU Community

I would always assume differences between generations of a vehicle.

I know with the R32 GTSt there are a couple components that are shared with a Z32 Fairlady, such as brakes and I believe tie rod ends.

First up, the R chassis cars have upper and lower control arms. The S chassis cars are MacPherson strut, so don't have an upper arm. That's a pretty big difference. The R chassis cars therefore also have a completely different hub/upright part.

R32 & R33 are not the same. The R32 upper arm was a brave try by Nissan, but ultimately a bad design. The R33 improved on that by making the chassis end of the arm a true wishbone. Not possible to switch these between cars without major chassis surgery.

There is some scope to move crossmembers and lower arms between the R and S chassis cars, but only because of drift driven desperation. This has all been very thoroughly documented on the net for many many years now, so search if you want to know what can be done.

S14 & S15 are mostly the same stuff.

9 minutes ago, Hcr32typem said:

I know with the R32 GTSt there are a couple components that are shared with a Z32 Fairlady, such as brakes and I believe tie rod ends.

Most significant would be the FUCAs.