• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Is there any difference between the r32, r33, s14 and s15 front ends? If so what, to define front end I mean crossmember, knuckles, steering rack, struts, suspension armediscs and calipers

I would always assume differences between generations of a vehicle.

I know with the R32 GTSt there are a couple components that are shared with a Z32 Fairlady, such as brakes and I believe tie rod ends.

First up, the R chassis cars have upper and lower control arms. The S chassis cars are MacPherson strut, so don't have an upper arm. That's a pretty big difference. The R chassis cars therefore also have a completely different hub/upright part.

R32 & R33 are not the same. The R32 upper arm was a brave try by Nissan, but ultimately a bad design. The R33 improved on that by making the chassis end of the arm a true wishbone. Not possible to switch these between cars without major chassis surgery.

There is some scope to move crossmembers and lower arms between the R and S chassis cars, but only because of drift driven desperation. This has all been very thoroughly documented on the net for many many years now, so search if you want to know what can be done.

S14 & S15 are mostly the same stuff.

9 minutes ago, Hcr32typem said:

I know with the R32 GTSt there are a couple components that are shared with a Z32 Fairlady, such as brakes and I believe tie rod ends.

Most significant would be the FUCAs.