SAU Community

Carbureted RB Engine? (put away your pitchforks!)

12 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I meant the bits needed to make it work as per OEM (with fuel injection) are readily available... so the easiest route. I don't see any haters on this thread - if you want multiple carbs in your Z fire away... I just see people trying to save you from a world of headaches!. My first sports car was an Austin 7 hill climb special with twin Amal carbs and I later had an Austin Healey 3000 with twin SUs (they gave up on the triple carbs) but when my work mates blew me away with their (fuel injected) V6 Capris I saw the light. Tuning with EFI is so much more precise.

I don't see any haters at all. All my comments have been that everyone has been pretty lenient on such a ridiculous topic. 

I think I may not go around my own ass to scratch my other elbow this time. This one time.

10 hours ago, tridentt150v said:

Just send a marriage proposal to the dori hina that made/milled her own.  Now that would be a girl worth marrying.

Then I'd have to put a kitchen in the garage. 

Terrible jokes aside, I agree!

A basic Haltech can make it work or an Adaptronic. You simply just don't use the fuel tables and use only the ignition table based on TPS position aka Alpha-N

You could also install an IAT purely for cold starts, idle and timing trimming strategies.

Would be an awesome sounding motor with VCT, big sex spec cams, equal length headers and ITBs. Suit an old 240Z or similar.

Another thing that comes to mind, you could even drill the trumpets and fit injectors onto them and spray pre throttle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Another thing that comes to mind, you could even drill the trumpets and fit injectors onto them and spray pre throttle.

Nah. Has to be injectors mounted off the end of the trumpets firing down their throats, for maximum backfire flamage.

• Like 2

For what it's worth, I have seen a few L28 swapped R32 GTSt in Japan. Now I dont know the specifics, just viewed them in passing in several magazines.

To be honest I'm not 100% sure what the point is with this type of swap but sort of cool from an old school engine build deal.