SAU Community

Professional Help/Advice Needed!

Dear all,

So... I just faced an issue with my BNR32. I was leaving the carpark (cold start), but i stalled (don't ask why), so the car rolled back down.

THEN, i put it to neutral, and tried starting the car. BUT the car did not start. It was a "crank but no start" situation. 

I tried a couple of times, but just will not start. I googled, and came across an article about fuel pump, fuel injectors issue, etc.

THEN, i just tried my luck by cranking the car at 2nd Gear. Miraculously, the engine ignited. 

NOW, my question is WHY it happened? and WHAT to fix?

Stock ECU and stock injectors?

If so I'll start with cleaning your AFM, and injectors. If they're clogged or gummed up, it will be a bit too lean to start. If you're in this situation, unplug your coolant temp sensor (2x pin one not the 1x pin one) and it should start.

If not stock ECU, tuned and worked etc. then could be a poor cranking table or coolant/IAT/fuel correction table issue or clogged injectors or anything really.

• Like 1

Hey! thank you!

I was able to start the engine normal prior to stalling. But after the stall, the car cannot be ignited but cranks (both at 1st gear and neutral).

After a while, the car was able to ignite at second gear. Today, the car starts up normally and even though i stalled it on purpose, the car is working normally.

Is it something that happens normally? What exactly is the issue?

Gear position / neutral has nothing to do with it. You have just experienced something weird. As my crystal ball is currently out getting resurfaced, I am unable to discern what caused it. Please call another psychic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Gear position / neutral has nothing to do with it. You have just experienced something weird. As my crystal ball is currently out getting resurfaced, I am unable to discern what caused it. Please call another psychic.

HAHA thank you. Didn't really understand what went wrong. Thought might get some answers from here!

2 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

My guesses:

Car wants LS1

Fusible links at positive battery, or some sort of connector (e.g. ECU) being dodgy

Sell it and buy a WRX oh wait wrong forum

HAHAHAHA very funny

Thank you all! Just an update and maybe someone could explain to me why so:

SO, i tried stalling the car the same way i did before. Again, the car could not be ignited. But this time round, i tapped the throttle whilst cranking the car and it worked.

My guess is that there isn't enough fuel injected when the car was climbing the slope of the carpark - causing it difficulty to start the engine (?).