• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Sign in to follow this  
N/A34 phil

Need answers

Can anyone confirm what the go is here on my auto box not too sure what to think if its serious or not, did touch it and didn't come up as oily 20190521_234200.jpeg20190521_234300.jpeg20190521_234209.jpeg

Rear main seal? As in engine rear main.
I dont know man, it doesn't feel oily though?, and the transmission shifts fine no lag or hesitation

Is it actually leaking? Or is this just a previous issue?

If you clean it up and remove the oil residue, does it return?

Is it actually leaking? Or is this just a previous issue?

If you clean it up and remove the oil residue, does it return?
First time I've seen it I'm first owner in aus, Gonna try cleaning it tonight and give it bit of a stab and see if it comes back in the morning

Give it a go on yhe outside with degreaser. Clean it up. If it reappears you're looking at a leaking gasket or seal somewhere there. [emoji106]

25 minutes ago, N/A34 phil said:

I'll take the box in to get it overhauled and serviced too

That seems a little like overkill.

I just noticed in the 1st photo that it appears to be wet from up on the side of the box, not just the pan. Look for leaks from up high.

That seems a little like overkill.
I just noticed in the 1st photo that it appears to be wet from up on the side of the box, not just the pan. Look for leaks from up high.
That's the thing though I keep my car in a garage and theres no leaks or anything when i wake up in the morning

Doesn't have to drip on the floor. It's clearly a slow leak - it's only a film on the pan. It probably only weeps out when it's running and has some pressure somewhere.

I would ignore it.. No drips no problem.

Clean it up if you must but it's hardly the sign of a concerning issue at  this satge

The car was in crash I repaired it had to un hook the fuse box and shit, and when I had it running thr a/t light would flash but no limp mode, 1st to second feels like its shift kitted but other than that no lag or anything the box feels good and strong from what I've been driving Snapchat-418256927.jpeg