SAU Community

See GTST S1 Newbie (uk)

R33JDS

Hi all, I'm fairly new to the world of real cars. Previously drove an e36 and a starlet. But now i've managed to get my hands on the dream car, or the beloved boat... I did make the mistake of buying a missile, but I hope to bring her back to some form of glory.
This forum is where I get most of my info so firstly i would like to say thanks for all of your help so far.  

The specs aren't anything special and i don't aspire for a major power, just an enjoyable driving experience. 

Mods:Fmic, blitz air filter, blitz dual sbc, hicas delete, nismo shocks and springs, front and rear strut brace, ebc drilled and grooved disks, red stuff pads. 

The list of parts I've replaced goes on, but I wouldn't count them as mods. I am still trying to get her to boost propperly, had a huge flat spot that got worse and worse... Power was there at low RPM, then around 4k to 5.5k the revs would not climb with anything over quarter throttle. Once we got into the high RPM she would turn into a rocket. 

I found that my exhaust manifold was terribly cracked so I've replaced it, just waiting for payday then I can see if the problem has gone. Might have been R&R or something I can't diagnose due to zero experience. 

If you've got this far thanks for reading my rant!

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies lads.

PranK she does turn heads but not as much as you would think, the car scene is dominated by new hot hatches with their DSG gearbox's, fart box exhausts and fancy air ride suspension. But ofcourse the true petrol heads appreciate a real motor, that will never change.

I've got a whole lot more rant left in me Steve, if you can put up with it I'm sure we will get on like a house on fire!

20180601_142715.jpg

20180601_142709.jpg

20180601_142723.jpg

20180601_142836.jpg

Thanks mate, she's still quite rough but im not a fan of perfection. I bought her with the paint job, it's quite hard to see in the photo's but there's red metal flake mixed in. I'm not looking forward to colour matching in the future!!

What do you drive then Steve? 

• Like 1

Thanks mate, she's still quite rough but im not a fan of perfection. I bought her with the paint job, it's quite hard to see in the photo's but there's red metal flake mixed in. I'm not looking forward to colour matching in the future!!
What do you drive then Steve? 
I ride a push bike most of the time (when I'm not falling off it). I live in the inner city so driving is pretty pointless during the week.

I've also got an R33 in blue kind of like yours and my wife also has an R33 in Silver.
I like to be friendly to new people and to look at the pictures of their cars... (I'm a little odd) ?
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Steve85 said:

I ride a push bike most of the time (when I'm not falling off it). I live in the inner city so driving is pretty pointless during the week.

I've also got an R33 in blue kind of like yours and my wife also has an R33 in Silver.
I like to be friendly to new people and to look at the pictures of their cars... (I'm a little odd)

Your not odd mate, just nice and friendly. I'm grateful for that :)

Good to know you've got quite a bit of experience with these problematic beauties. I do my best to solve any issues but sometimes you need someone with knowledge to point youin the right direction.

27 minutes ago, PranK said:

Thats a really nice colour! Car looks great!

Thanks PranK, she's one of a kind, need to take off all the boy racer stickers though!!

• Like 1