SAU Community

Can you record a police officer during a traffic stop? (And other tips)

I'm not sure I agree with most of these tips. I've had good experiences with police when I've been compliant and admit to any wrongdoing.

What do you think?
I can confirm (from experience) running your mouth us not going to help one bit.
  • Like 1

I can confirm politeness helps, I have never had issues in "random" stops or minor speeding stops in my beat up, loudish bogan looking skyline, easily defect worthy. Can't confirm for a more serious infringement though.

IMO, pulling out a camera and filming will always be seen by a cop as an act of aggression. If I were a cop and you did that, I'd think you have something to hide and are trying to intimidate me into not discovering what it is, and would be extra thorough in my duties.

• Like 1

Lol .... Thanks Orificer i am enjoying your harassment of me today hows the C*nt...stable?

everything is recorded now days anyway so if the cop has an issue its because A: your a terrorist or B: they wanna be dodgy.

how about Justine the aussie lady recently shot dead in USA ... it may not have saved her but shows cops f**k up under the pressure of the job.

bassicaly its for CORRUPTION and ERRORS to be NEUTRALIZED by CAMERA if applicable.

no i did not watch the video nor will i.

I've got mates who are cops, and real good people, the scum and filth they deal with on a daily basis is shocking.

Every idiot thinks they have the right to be a rude f**k.

I say bring back the good old days, if a deadshit spits on a copper, he should get pepper sprayed and beaten around the body and limbs with night sticks, swear at a copper, end up face down  on the bonnet and taken in for use of obscene language.

Everyone hates the police, until some other dead shit is robbing or bashing them, then they cannot get enough of the police.

I'm sure that most of the general public has no idea what the aveage copper has to deal with on a daily basis, they are willing to complain about the copper though.

The amount of idiots who get pulled over for minor traffic infringements, to then escalate it because they are dick heads who are full of themselves, or know that the police cannot really do anything because the do gooders have hobbled them.

The people who don't like police are usually the ones breaking the laws anyway.

Some people need a good old fashion attitude adjustment.

Arrrrggggg

STUPID CLOUDS

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Slap said:

Lol .... Thanks Orificer i am enjoying your harassment of me today hows the C*nt...stable?

everything is recorded now days anyway so if the cop has an issue its because A: your a terrorist or B: they wanna be dodgy.

how about Justine the aussie lady recently shot dead in USA ... it may not have saved her but shows cops f**k up under the pressure of the job.

bassicaly its for CORRUPTION and ERRORS to be NEUTRALIZED by CAMERA if applicable.

no i did not watch the video nor will i.

Yikes. You probably should have watched the vid for some context. 

There is a massive chasm between what you can do when pulled over and what you should do. I also have been pulled over a lot, it goes with the territory. I was yelled at a few times but can't say I didn't deserve it. You get a much nicer interaction with a police officer if you admit to what you did (i mean, come on, chances are if they pulled you over they saw what it was) and you're polite. You're no better than them, you're both human. Sometimes the entire interaction can become pleasant and you both go separate ways feeling positive about what just occurred. 

• Like 1

Imagine how shit life gets before you seriously grab your phone and dial 000 for the police. Think about how out of control your life would be if you had to pick up the phone and make that call.

Then imagine every moment from that point on being your work day.

I remember a lovely lady cop telling me how she would rather not have to deal with people who have hit a tree at 125kmh with their body splattered all over things....

We're a very long way away in Australia relative to some other police states like the USA when it comes to police and (generally) how they act. Infact I'd wager with body cameras a lot of "mate just go home" that police currently and have issued won't happen anymore because they can't let people off the hook due to said recording.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the thing...

I've always been polite and compliant and honest when pulled over. No moreso than I would be to anyone else - police don't deserve any special treatment or sucking up and any who desire that shouldn't be on the force. But I'm not rude just because someone is doing their job.

It doesn't always work - sometimes you get a cop who is a prick and will go above and beyond to f**k with you - but it can't hurt your chances, where as being rude and aggressive can. I've been fined for stupid things and I've been let off with warnings, so I know which I'd rather try for in the case of being pulled over. Those prick cops do exist but are too few and far between for me to want to record every instance of being pulled over and get off on the wrong foot.

My most recent run in was with a well known officer in Melbourne's east and although the circumstances in which I got pulled over under were arguably unfair and discriminatory, by being polite and compliant I believe I got off very lightly (minor defect) with someone who had a reputation for handing out major defects on shaky grounds, EPA noticed and notices of unroadworthyness...plus the $1200+ of fines to go with them.