SAU Community

I am new, need help about Apexi FC for RB20DET

DAG_garage

hi all 

I am practicing engine assembly , i have a RB20DET R32 gtst . Last time I bought an ApexiFC RB26DETT set. because the seller told me it will also run for RB20DET, My engine is original, when I replace the APEXI ECU my engine doesn't run. What do I need to do to Apexi RB26DETT can operate on my engine? and how to connect to a PC to change maps?

In my country ( VIETNAM ) no one can use things like standalone or tune a new map.Hope everyone can help me in the most detailed way.

Regards 

Hi are you modifying the RB20DET? If not you need to get an original ECU (available from Ebay AU or TradeMe NZ or if you have the contacts from Japan.

Sell the Apexi FC

If you are going to modify the engine you will need a Nistune chip or stand alone ECU so if it can't be tuned where you are then you will have to forget the mods for now.

yes it will work but it will take some tampering.

i dont know much about them but know enough that it can be used, do some research on the wire loom pin outs rb20det and rb26dett, do some research on rb20det base maps, do some research on power fc.

maybe some one else will tell you how to easier but usual response is to take it to a shop. goodluck with that over there.

stock ecu is easiest cheapest method to get the car running if its not reasonably modified.

The RB26 ECUs want to see 2x AFMs, 2xEGO. You have 1 of each. The things you have to do to make it work are not a lot of fun.

Funnily enough, you're not the first person to want to do this. You could google and find out what others have had to do.

My experience is only with Link but I assume its similar. You will need to do away with your MAF sensor and instead fit a MAP sensor. You will also need an air temp sensor measuring the air post intercooler. If you are using it for boost control you'll need to connect it to the boost solenoid.

I presume you will get comprehensive instructions  with the unit and you can get a lot of answers from Google or Haltech's phone or email support such as this video on how to load a base map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UylEOQUd8E