• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

wicked_two

R32 Park lights come on when brake is pressed

-_-

I feel like I only come here when I have issues..I really need to start contributing more.

As per title my four door 32 has some electrical bullshit going on. Im still building it and just in the process of getting it street legal...Whenever the brake pedal is pressed the cluster lights and the park lights come on, it did have a blown tail light fuse and the park lights didn't work at all. Also worth noting...turning the park lights on by the switch works fine but the brake lights are very bright for the running mode, pressing the brake makes them go a little bit brighter but not much.

I'm convinced a previous owner has been pissing around with the wiring as you can see by the red wire in the pic going down to the ignition barrel from the fog light switch...but I dont even know where to begin

Anyone had issues of this kind?

IMG_20190518_201918.jpg

IMG_20190526_193759.jpg

Edited by wicked_two

Check the brake light globes, my guess is someone has put the wrong type of globe in one of them 

• Thanks 2

as above, they require duel elements with twin conector in the middle at the bottom of the globe, a single will short both and cause all elements to be lit using any of the lights.

• Thanks 1