SAU Community

R34 rear coilover removal

I'm trying to remove my rear coilovers on my 2000 GT-V, but I'm having a bit of trouble.

I currently have the rear seats out and I'm looking to get at the top bolts of my coils. Problem is I have the parcel shelf in the way, and I can't figure out how to get the C-pillar trim off before removing the parcel shelf. I've been doing some reading that says it'll just pop out if I pull on it. I've pulled on it, but it doesn't seem to budge. I also don't see how I can pull it off when the top seat belt is bolted over top of it. I guess I probably have to remove that. Is this really the right approach or am I missing something?

I've attached some pictures of my current progress and which pieces I'm talking about.

Thanks!

2019-05-29 19.48.57.jpg

2019-05-29 19.49.10.jpg

2019-05-29 19.49.17.jpg

Armrest part of the rear trim should not need to be removed for this.

C pillar trim should not need to be removed to get parcel shelf out. Certainly doesn't in R32.

Lie on your back in the boot and look up at the parcel shelf. You should see any trim plugs or other fasteners that might be making it stay put.

Hello _scott,

I got stuck on this too because it's hard to see how the tabs interlock. 

It's true, pacel shelf is push towards rear windscreen to disengage from c pillar, push down to dismount. It's a snug fit and parcel shelf may be a bit brittle in its age. 

Keep us updated on the progress and if you think you need pics for reference I can have a look through my files. 

Good luck.

Thanks for the help!

I ended up removing the shelf!

For anyone visiting this thread in the future, this is what I did.

• Remove rear seats
  • Go into the trunk and find the clips at the top of the trunk that are holding the parcel shelf to it. There should be a few. My clips were blue if that helps at all
  • Once that's done go into the back seat
  • Push down in the area where the C-pillar piece meets the shelf. They should come apart and you should see a slit where the panel slides into the shelf
  • Do the same on the other side
  • Pull! The shelf should remove.

• Like 1