SAU Community

Hi all, so I'v done a rb20de+t neo conversion in my r33, if opted with the rb25de loom 25de intake, with a rb25de cas, it was going 1 day, I ran outr gas the next now it will crank over but wont start,, I have spark and fuel, maybe thinking my cam angle sensor is dead,,, I'm in the middle of sourcing a new 1 but was told a normal rb25de cas can not work on a neo engine,,, help help bit stuck. Thanks for your time to read and maybe help a brother out.....

You'll need a CAS that suits the exhaust cam as the spline on the exhaust cam is different on the neo compared to a S1 or S2 rb25. If you're using the rb25de loom/ecu you'll then need to flip the two end wires of the CAS plug. I assume you would have already done this if the car has been running?

What made you think the CAS died?

Edited by jmknights93

53 minutes ago, Deangelo said:

Hi all, so I'v done a rb20de+t neo conversion in my r33, if opted with the rb25de loom 25de intake, with a rb25de cas, it was going 1 day, I ran outr gas the next now it will crank over but wont start,, I have spark and fuel, maybe thinking my cam angle sensor is dead,,, I'm in the middle of sourcing a new 1 but was told a normal rb25de cas can not work on a neo engine,,, help help bit stuck. Thanks for your time to read and maybe help a brother out.....

Just to be clear have you had this car driving properly or did the engine just fire once then die? You have the right ECU? You have fuel but is it enough - have you checked the pressure? You ran out of gas is there dirt in the system? Have you taken the CAS off to see if it spins freely?

Yes I'm using a rb25det manual ecu, yes cas spins freely,,, I'm assuming theres enough gas getting thru, iv had it runing for months then suddenly ran outr gas and hasnt start since, engine turns over fine,,, just the 1 day I put my drive shaft and and manual conversion in and wont blaaaardy start,

I would suggest that your fuel pump is not doing its job after running dry, for whatever reason.

Take the fuel line off the inlet end of the fuel rail and turn on the ignition. You should get a LOT of fuel moving.

2 hours ago, Deangelo said:

Yes I'm using a rb25det manual ecu, yes cas spins freely,,, I'm assuming theres enough gas getting thru, iv had it runing for months then suddenly ran outr gas and hasnt start since, engine turns over fine,,, just the 1 day I put my drive shaft and and manual conversion in and wont blaaaardy start,

OK so have you had it running in manual mode? You have shorted out the fuses under the battery (to disable the lock out that stops it starting in anything but P and N)?

8 hours ago, Deangelo said:

I was low on gas (I no dumb) and was working on my car had it running and cut out,,  but what's your thoughts?? All thoughts on this is more than welcome thanks,

i get the feeling there are more things going on that we dont know about. the likelihood of the cas failing at the same time as the "running out of fuel" incident doesnt make sense.

both above posts are quite relevent