SAU Community

Complete 33gtr engine n gearbox swap into s1 stagea

Taffozone

Hi all.

I am doin a complete 33gtr engine n gearbox swap into s1 stagea (will keeping it standard) and I've come across a big problem.

I've got all engine to ECU wiring looms for the rb26.

When I took out the stagea engine to ECU loom out I did not release that the 2 small plugs are completely different to the rb26 engine to ECU loom. 

The big plug I know goes to the ECU it's the 2 smaller plugs I dont no what they do.

Has anyone on here done this complete swap n if so how did you get around the loom plugs and how did you find out what plug dose wst and what wire is wat even tho the wire colours are different between the 2 looms.

This is the only thing yhsy is holding me back from completing the swap over.

Thanks.

So I think the posts above kind of cover it....while mechanically the swap might not be too tricky, the engine loom is different between R33 GTR and Stagea and you are going to need to merge the GTR one into the stagea.

Basically, take the stagea , translate it, manual pin out, take the GTR loom and it's pin out, and follow to the plugs (other than the ones on the engine).  You need the other side of each stagea plug (or cut them of both looms and replace with something with the right number of pins) and join each onto the right wire in the GTR loom.

Possibly a bigger job than the mechanical side unfortunately.