SAU Community

R32 GTR non brembo brake upgrade

Hey - I would look at some old posts but since its 2019 time has moved on so I want to get an up to date opinion.

I am keeping the stock non-Brembo callipers as I use the stock 16" wheels but I need to replace my current pads.

A company in NZ has recommended some new DBA pads and slotted rotors as an upgrade of the stuff that is in there.  I know some old articles had issues with cracking but then I heard the new stuff doesnt crack.

Anyone used it lately and what do people recommend now?

Thanks guys.

I would not use DBA pads, however their rotors are good.

Avoid the T2 junk, get T3 aka DBA4000... also if you don't want rotors to crack don't gets slots.

Slots are a marketing gimmick, also DBA machines them in after production, if they were cast slots then they wouldn't crack as easily.

What's your budget like? Intima are decent pads at a fraction of the cost, Elig pads are a step up, followed by Project Mu (Australian Thailand made ones), followed by Project Mu (Japan, Japanese made ones).

HC800+ is NOT HC+ no matter how much the guys up at Racers Warehouse in QLD say they're the same, they're simply not.

RDA slotted & dimpled better value than DBA.

Intima RS is my preferred pad for street. Note that RS is their "street/track" pad. SS is their "street" pad. RS works very well as a street pad. Also, very good value.

I have no specific knowledge of the DBA pad that you mention.

Check out the Znoelli website

http://www.znoelli.co.nz/

and if you are in Auckland call round. They have a range of rotors (didn't make replacement rings for my D2s at the time) but I have used their high performance pads with success. I don't know how their prices compare these days but worth looking in to...

• 2 weeks later...

Braided lines, DBA T3 rotors and Intima SR pads all combine to be a very capable performance / Street packed with excellent pedal feel. If you spend most time on the street then go the SS pas as the SR’ can have some sqeal occasionally. 

7CFBF255-80EC-4F41-9E8F-A210CD692C2D.jpeg

Edited by Torque Curve
  • Like 3

I run those cheap d1racing slotted rotors and EBC yellowstuff pads and Penrite brake fluid. Zero problems done 5 track days and at 200+ can stand on the brake over and over again no fade driving round town is good as well just have to remember not to stand on them like other cars other wise you bounce to a stop. Good brake fluid makes a word of difference 

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/06/2019 at 10:23 AM, Stixbnr32 said:

yes just got braided lines now.

will find those pads and the discs I got lined up.

Cheers all

Also - how do 245 tyres feel on the 16's are they to big/ballooned? 

I've found that the 245 50 R16 Nitto NT01's are just amazing. They are a very stable tyre and offer excellent feel when cornering aggressively, also they fill the guards nicely.