SAU Community

want to buy a turbo kit for my N/A R34

hey guys, im a new member to this forum

ive owned my r34 skyline (non turbo) for about 4 years now and since im off my p plates i want to turbo it now.

i cant be bothered selling it and then going through the hassle of looking for r34 gtt id much rather build up what i got now.

so i was wondering does anyone know any mechanics or someone who sells and/or installs turbo kits for skylines.

preferably somewhere located in the western suburbs of Melbourne.

any help/advice would be much appreciated  

thanks, ?

The standard advice around here is to not do it. More pain and expense than it is worth.

There is no such thing as a "kit". You can try to scrape together the minimum things you will need to make it happen, which is;

• Turbo + manifold,
  • exhaust,
  • intercooler,
  • injectors
  • fuel pump.

Oh, and an ECU, because the pain inherent in trying to make a GTT ECU run on a hacked together mishmash of things with some missing/wrong sensors etc etc is not worth it. Aftermarket ECU simplifies life.

But that ignores that you will destroy the clutch and so will need one of them. And the gearbox won't last too long either, so you really should put a big one in. And the open diff will have its own float in the Mardis Gras, and the front brakes will need upgrading.....and you're in Melbourne, so adding a turbo is like totally illegal without full engineering, so add that if you want your insurance to work.

What he said^^^

Selling your n/a and buying a GTT is a walk in the park compared to converting your current car. Its time to say goodbye...pass your car on to a P plater and get yourself a turbo model.

thanks for your advice.

in my original post i preferred to turbo what i got now, dont have much interest in selling then buying a gtt model. so im willing to go through the hassle of what it will take to convert it to a turbo.

ive heard its easier to just install the stock factory turbo that comes off the gtt model.

in regards to what i need like turbo, manifold, exhaust and those sorts of things my best bet is to find them online/ebay?

my r34 is the GTV model so i believe its got the diff and brakes necessary for a turbo conversion.

i know someone who can possibly engineer it properly should there be any problems with it being illegal to do. 

18 hours ago, Jase_r34 said:

thanks for your advice.

... dont have much interest in selling then buying a gtt model.

Would you consider a front cut engine swap?

On 07/06/2019 at 6:36 PM, Ben C34 said:

To turbo a car that is available turbo is silly.

LS swap it, then turbo that.

id think about putting a LS if i were to track it but because it would be for street use i want to keep it RB

On 07/06/2019 at 7:30 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

LS so 2010, Barra swap it. 500kW stock motor with just head studs, valve springs and a billet oil pump gear.

A RB can only dream.

i prefer to keep it RB

• Like 1

so i have been thinking.

would it be best to save a bit of extra cash and sell what i have but instead of buying a GTT id just buy something else.

i would love to get a r32 gtr or evo 8/9

anyone know of any good import companies i hear iron chef imports are good.

anyone got any other suggestions on which import company they trust that are good?

so i have been thinking.
would it be best to save a bit of extra cash and sell what i have but instead of buying a GTT id just buy something else.
i would love to get a r32 gtr or evo 8/9
anyone know of any good import companies i hear iron chef imports are good.
anyone got any other suggestions on which import company they trust that are good?
https://www.sau.com.au/forums/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/426222-If-You're-Happy-With-Your-Import-Car,-Who-Brought-It-In?

If You're Happy With Your Import Car, Who Brought It In?

3 hours ago, Jase_r34 said:

would it be best to save a bit of extra cash

3 hours ago, Jase_r34 said:

i would love to get a r32 gtr

These 2 are incompatible. The only people who should consider buying R32 GTRs at this point in history are those who simply do not need to "save a bit of extra cash". You have to budget on spending the purchase price of the car every 2 - 3 years just to keep the bloody things running.

Follow your heart , sacrifice the essential.

If you can pimp it... pimp it.

If you can sell and buy closer to your heart do it.

If ya want all of em collect and save.

If ya want fast get or make somthin fast.

I can only tell you what i did not tell you what or where you wanna buy.

I saved some money up

My r32 skidline was brought second hand in 2011 from Port Macquarie nsw off a fella called brad. He had old scool mods wich i learned to hack and make use of at the same time keeping it unique. Even had neons in the engine. I had to fix all the weak links in the chain of mods nothing drastic. He did a great budget job for back in the day. Cost me 3k had Porsche gt green with black graphic center stripe , looked cool but road worthy inspections were refused at multiple places untill it was painted.

So i learned to paint.

Wouldnt let it go ever now passing it down to a son (lucky bugger).

So good luck im sure you will find one but they are usualy 10-15k gtst and gts4 or 30k+ gtr

301880739_images20(4).jpeg.1a848f930f13ba7e640f874da70483db.jpeg20171210_175405.thumb.jpeg.63719fb43c33a63370528191ded86295.jpeg

How does that make no sense.
Oh wait your post makes no sense.

"I can only tell you what i did not tell you what or where you wanna buy."

Not being interested in an engine/halfcut swap makes as much sense as the quoted sentence from the above post.

3 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

"I can only tell you what i did not tell you what or where you wanna buy."

My views of not buying a turbo car, and then putting a turbo on a non-turbo'd car, but also not using a half cut, from the same model of car of your non-turbo'd car, that came with a turbo, is like "I can only tell you what i did not tell you what or where you wanna buy."

That should clear things up nicely.......

• Like 2