SAU Community

want to buy a turbo kit for my N/A R34

8 minutes ago, Slap said:

emoji23.png

What's your problem? That's about the same $$ as the RAV4 Cruiser. I just bought a RAV for the missus and I can tell you that spending that much money on a Golf would be more satisfying. But dropping $50k on a car is nothing these days. Dropping 50 on something that does <3s 0-100 actually sounds like good value.

It would cost at least as much to get a 2WD Skyline to launch like that Golf R. Any GTR is going to be in a whole other league of cost to get to the same point, simply because they're not cheap. The only hope to do it cheap in a Skyline would be a GTS4.

• Like 1

Funny enough my total spend for my R33 is edging near 50k (including cost of the car), cost excluding servicing and consumables.

I would still probably lose to that Golf R around the track and on the drag strip. Roll Racing or mile, 1/2 mile different story.

I'm semi-confident that my car would be able to beat a Golf like that. Buuuut, the receipts for my car add up to almost as much as that Golf. Plus the car... on paper the Golf is a good buy.

Edit: i didn't pay that much, but the previous owner sure went to town.

2 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

It would cost at least as much to get a 2WD Skyline to launch like that Golf R. Any GTR is going to be in a whole other league of cost to get to the same point, simply because they're not cheap. The only hope to do it cheap in a Skyline would be a GTS4.

Probably more, I can tell you that my R33 would lose to our Tiguan 162TSI off the line due to stupid amounts of wheel spin OR simply bogging down. 

A family car with launch control is THE BEST :D 

• Like 2

Arhg!

Sau

Ive seen vids of skidlines faster.

0-100 1.2sec

Not they are for the road. But if dropin 50k it wouldn't be on a golf and thats forsure.

GOLF..
Its like bangin the grose tanny chik cause ya got off good. Drop dosh into her looks and shes a barbie. Didnt change the fact she was a man.

I would need to drop 50k on the 86 for a reliable 300kw.

Cost of car 31k+50k = 81k of 1250+kg of RWD Skids.

Whilst fun, financially idiotic.

In the end resale would be like 30k, maybe......

I'm not short of cash, but I'm not short of brain cells either.

I did the whole waste a ton of money on a Skyline 10 or so years ago.

Plus, whilst the RB was a good engine, there's a heap of new stuff that pisses on them now.

Hell, in the NA RB Dyno thread in here my engine would be king, sadly my engine is a FA20 not a RB25-26-30.

Disclaimer: they do make more torque than my little 2.0ltr.

My car weights ALOT less than them at 1250kg, and is faster than them everywhere.

I'm happy to put donuts on the line on a Wednesday night at WSID.

Mmmmmmmm, donuts

Because it makes more sense than braging about golfs on SAU.

Geezus Christ Slap.
How the f**k can you post a video of a drag car fast enough to need a 'chute that must be running on massive slicks and believe that it makes sense?
image.png.0299a22a866745158d38d14570e29573.png

The point of the thread was to be cheap.

I believe:

The most obvious cheapest choices would be, stay N/A $0 ,
bolt a turbo system and ecu and minimal work to boost $1000-2000 till it dies then put in gtt motor$1600 ,
gtt or ls motor ecu and loom swap $3-3.5k ,
gtt car upgrade12-20k

And for godsake no golf.

Ya wont be the fastest on the road and any more than 300kw is truely unnecessary as a road vehicle whos build purpose is limited to acceleration and bordered by speedlimits on handeling.
Wich can be ignored at user discretion for Risk.

52k put in my skidline would be a far better.
To the point people would walk right past the golf staring at the r32 pimped outa its brain.

• Like 1

I do love the cost estimates for making a silk purse from a p i gs ear, and by silk purse I mean a not very reliable car that will break, be a waste of money, and near impossible to sell, unless you strip it and sell the parts, and then you'll still lose a ton of cash.

OP, if you like RWD what you need is a BMW 135i M sport.

I went for a spin in a tuned one, epic.

Pretty cheap too.

Hang on, I was advocating reliability wasn't I.

Nevermind

Bugger

articleLeadwide-2008-bmw-135igrfvg8.jpg

• Like 2

hey guys, im a new member to this forum
ive owned my r34 skyline (non turbo) for about 4 years now and since im off my p plates i want to turbo it now.
i cant be bothered selling it and then going through the hassle of looking for r34 gtt id much rather build up what i got now.
so i was wondering does anyone know any mechanics or someone who sells and/or installs turbo kits for skylines.
preferably somewhere located in the western suburbs of Melbourne.
any help/advice would be much appreciated  
thanks, [emoji4]
I dont see anyone asking wich euro is the best.
I think a few long term members lost there passion for actual skylines and forgot they were where op is or similar and not just lifestyle but mentaly aswell.
He has been given advice against skylines on a skyline site, and thus world love for skylines will die with crap like your posting , wether its right or wrong. Maybe if ya wanna lip about euro being greater than skidlines cause ya can waste 4x the money now than you used to be able too, then go to a euro site and do it.

Skyline life 4 eva!

9 minutes ago, Slap said:

I dont see anyone asking wich euro is the best.
I think a few long term members lost there passion for actual skylines and forgot they were where op is or similar and not just lifestyle but mentaly aswell.
He has been given advice against skylines on a skyline site, and thus world love for skylines will die with crap like your posting , wether its right or wrong. Maybe if ya wanna lip about euro being greater than skidlines cause ya can waste 4x the money now than you used to be able too, then go to a euro site and do it.

Skyline life 4 eva!

I said sell GT and buy GTT

You were the one saying to piss money away modifying a NA Skyline.

Im a advocate for common sense not stupidity.

I dont focus on one brand, I like alot of different brands, just like a SAU club meet or motorsport event, everything turns up, no one cares what you bring, do I like Skylines, hell yeah, would I own another, yes, this one, but Mrs and bank account says no > 

Lifestyle and mentality, LOL, as you on smack, I'm sure the OP doesn't want to piss money away, even in his current lifestyle and mentality.

If he is smart and saves his money instead of pissing it away, he can get his GTT, or GTR, or Golf R, or 135i, or DR30, or...a house.

But feel free to tell him to spend his money in whatever way you see fit, that's what I did.

That's the beauty of forums.

Why listen to me anyway, I'm just an opinionated punter voicing my opinion, just like you.

ROCK AND ROLL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's my two cents OP:

Logical, simple: sell GT, buy GTT.

Cheap(ish): turbo current GT.

Logical, just a few $$ more than turbo above: half cut swap

Super duper crazy: engine swaps that aren't rb (LS, Barra etc)

Bare in mind I'm no mechanic, nor do I even drive. Inner city life for me baby... (dings push bike bell).

• Like 1

More pimping out cars discussion and less common sense thanks.

like how to pull 9000rpm with an rb20 stock ecu, no vct is best. Stuff like that.

Very noble of Slap to have joined for those reasons. It must be tough seeing that people think differently to you, and you need to set them straight, sort out this internet for the benefit of skylines everywhere .