SAU Community

licencing requirments / taking it over the pits (WA)

gtir05

hi all

New to this forum discussions - and recently back to Perth.

Appreciate this is a skyline forum - but I need help please - for a GtiR

Looking to get an interstate club rego car registered here..

- the key non standard items are :-- - oil cooler; front mount intercooler (now relocated to the front); and larger injectors and fuel pump

Could you please help me by pointing me to any discussions on this thread.. Further, any help is appreciated

thanks in advance

Oil cooler is a non-issue.

FMIC should not be an issue in WA.

Larger injectors are not technically legal anywhere in Australia, as they imply a "modification of an emissions control system". And essentially they imply that the ECU has been fiddled with/replaced, which is the same situation.

If there's no obvious sign that the engine management has been altered, you could just try your luck. I would recommend that you just contact the WA roads dept and ask them what the process is for transferring interstate rego'd cars is, and then once they tell you that, mention that it is on club reg and ask if that means anything different, and then find out what the inspection requirements will be.

You really need to know what the basis of the car being on club reg now is. Is it because it is problematically modified and the owner put it on club reg to sidestep the rego process? Or is it legitimately just an occasional use car on club reg to keep costs down? Club reg is not supposed to be abused to get around the rules, but it has been done plenty.

• 1 month later...