SAU Community

gt350 exhaust/tune help

Sooo first of all I know almost nothing about cars just started to get into it and have a few, well acutally, alot of quesions regarding mods on my car.

1. At the moment i have a rear sports muffler and HFC's and the rest is stock but i want to get a coyote tune and was told that it would ruin my cats so ive got to get catless headers and catless front pipes. So id have to sell my cats and get the catless headers and front pipes i assume. So my setup would look somehitng like this

1-rear sports muffler

2- catless header

3-catless front pipes

4-rest stock

let me know if any of what i said doesn't make sense because im confused myself haha

6 minutes ago, Classic_Aussie said:

Sooo first of all I know almost nothing about cars just started to get into it and have a few, well acutally, alot of quesions regarding mods on my car.

1. At the moment i have a rear sports muffler and HFC's and the rest is stock but i want to get a coyote tune and was told that it would ruin my cats so ive got to get catless headers and catless front pipes. So id have to sell my cats and get the catless headers and front pipes i assume. So my setup would look somehitng like this

1-rear sports muffler

2- catless header

3-catless front pipes

4-rest stock

let me know if any of what i said doesn't make sense because im confused myself haha

confused as to what the question even is???

Yes, you are very confused.

First of what, what the hell is a 'coyote tune'?

And if such a thing even exists (I have never heard of it), how would it 'ruin' your hfcs?

What are 'catless' headers? (headers are completely separate to the catalytic converters)

I suggest you immediately stop talking to whoever you have been talking with, and go see a mechanic who regularly deals with VQs, who can actually help you.

9 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

And if such a thing even exists (I have never heard of it), how would it 'ruin' your hfcs?

What are 'catless' headers? (headers are completely separate to the catalytic converters)

I suggest you immediately stop talking to whoever you have been talking with, and go see a mechanic who regularly deals with VQs, who can actually help you.

if hes from brisbane i assume he's taken his car to Coyote tuning and thats what he means.

7 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

hahahah yea, will do he has been feeding me crap info for a year now then thats y im confused af