SAU Community

Bov now much quieter after hardpipe? (stock airbox)

Hey guys,

Got a custom hardpipe made to go from my highflow 21U to stock airbox on my R33.

They made bungs for the breath and bov return.

Seems to hold boost fine but now the car sounds N/A, no audible whoosh on decel. I can only just hear the bov if I take off the airbox cover and filter.

From what I've been told by others it should be louder with a hard pipe not significantly quieter.

Just surprised and wondering if they're maybe another problem ie bov not working properly.

IMG_20190516_173412623.jpg

IMG_20190516_173451510.jpg

IMG_20190516_173240989.jpg

If they've angled the BOV return towards the comp inlet properly there's no real reason why it should be significantly noisier than the stocker. The BOV noise is really generated at the BOB itself, not where it exits into the inlet pipe.

Hard inlet pipese have a reputation (and a reality) of making the turbo spool/induction noise harder and louder, but I've never heard anyone claim it should make the BOV noise louder.

And, ultimately.....who cares? If you want a loud BOV, then get a hybrid one and vent some.

• Like 1

grab yourself an apexi pod filter if you want bov noise cyka, you do get a reasonable sound from the stock bov then...if you're running a decent amount of boost that is; you won't hear much on 10 psizzle. 

• Like 1