SAU Community

R33 GTST Diff query

So I've done a bit of research but haven't been able to find a concrete answer. I want to get s15 3.69 gears into my R33 non abs diff. I have read that the S15's are apparently short nose but not sure if the gears will go into my short nose diff as there is an abs sensor on the front of the S15 diff like the R33 ABS diff but R33 is a long nose. 

Can anyone confirm if I need an ABS long nose diff to put the S15 gears into or will they work on my non ABS short nose?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

All nissans post about 1985 are short nose not long nose R200s, but there were differences between models particularly non ABS and 3 vs 4 channel ABS. 

There are differences in half shaft teeth and size, so half shafts and diff centres need to match

In an ABS car you need either pinion (3 channel) or halfshafts (4 channel) that match, ie have ABS sensors.

The crownwheel and pinion both need to be changed to change the ratio. I've never heard of an issue with R200 fitting any available ratio (there is an issue with gtr front diffs and r34 ratios...)

I don't know the specifics of your swap, but what I expects is the S15 gears will fit in the casing, the S15 pinion will have an ABS sensor which you don't need (no matter), and your current tailshaft will probably need modification (shortening) if the S15 flange is further away than your current R33 one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ActionDan did a s15 diff centre swap and i think there were a difference in the bolts used to bolt the crown wheel to the centre which was a stuff around. 
Is your current diff abs or non abs? as ADM s14 manual is 3.69 and is non abs so should be a bolt in job

link to his old NS build. Diff stuff from page 38
http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/topic/533091-budget-ca-s13-track-car-upgrades-time/

Edited by robbo_rb180
link added