SAU Community

Boost guage install

Hi all, 

im installing a boost guage and two other gauges in my c35 laurel, i have removed the 2 din stereo and fitted a 1 din stereo and I’m having a 3 52mm hole 1 din size guage holder to fill the space up... I have the boost guage wired up to the stereo for power & illumination & the ground running to a bolt on the chassis next to the gear stick... can I tap into the wire that’s coming from the front of the manifold that has been blocked off or do I tap into the line going into the acctuator on the left strut tower?? Also I have a tube running from the turbo that runs into a sensor for the ecu, could someone explain what that is for??  Also I’ve 2x gauges left to buy, any recommendations what to put there?? Air fuel ration, voltmeter, water temp, oil temp, ect... Any help would be greatly appreciated ?05F610E8-08ED-4E3E-9ED3-F88772417AD9.thumb.jpeg.b4b6fb26b5ac105980108e10fe9d8e31.jpeg

F7D102DD-DD72-4B79-AC94-C659A47218BB.thumb.jpeg.ab5e1de9d8bc6043783fb38720faaaa0.jpeg

Never ever, ever tee into the wastegate line. Get rid of this now, if the wastegate signal gets altered you can overboost the motor and blow it up. 

Tee it off the factory boost gauge line that goes onto the sender for the gauge. Or you should have a vacuum line going off the front of the throttle body hard to see from the photos but if you take a photo from this direction I can show you which one to use. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Blakeo said:

Never ever, ever tee into the wastegate line. Get rid of this now, if the wastegate signal gets altered you can overboost the motor and blow it up. 

Tee it off the factory boost gauge line that goes onto the sender for the gauge. Or you should have a vacuum line going off the front of the throttle body hard to see from the photos but if you take a photo from this direction I can show you which one to use. 

Cheers,

I haven’t cut any pipes yet as I was unsure.. I haven’t got a factory boost guage on my c35 laurel, I will try get a clearer picture from the side at the weekend and I’ll pm you with them if you don’t mind... thanks in advance ? 

15 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

If you have a line going to the ecu its probably for a map sensor...assuming you have an aftermarket ecu

Ah I see.. Its on a standard ecu so I was told when I bought the car... it was running a link ecu so the previous owner told me... I’ll disconnect the hose until the funds come available to replace the ecu with another link... ?