SAU Community

Ideas why engine won't take timing?

oxford1327

5 minutes ago, oxford1327 said:

now all i am pondering is whether to keep the factory airbox with the K+N panel filter, or go to a boxed pod, as it has the pod on at the moment and am liking the flutter hahahaha, can anybody point me in the right direction for a pod box that isnt too much of a turd to fit?

I think people generally make their own out of e.g. perspex

So what was the compression after all that?

i actually dont think they ended up doin a comp check, cos it started to do what it was told, so on my upcoming rostered days off ill do one myself just with a cheapy test kit ive got laying around somewhere from motorbike days.

ive seen some enclosures made with poly card and aluminium etc, just wondered if anyone had a pattern kicking around?

so ill pose the question to the forum in general if i cant find one without having to trawl through millions of pages when the search function annoys me fo rnot giving the answers i seek as per std

10 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

yeah have seen those but wondered why so many holes as well as the bit where they say "may require modification " to fit to certain applications, id like to know what they have fitted like from someone not sellin em hahahah.

so ill perhaps use the K+N Apollo enclosed pod i have laying about in the mezzanine of the shed if it will physically  fit in the area, or just make my own bastadised version from cardboard to get a pattern then buy some ally sheet and use the nutsert gun

Edited by oxford1327