SAU Community

gtr Tuning/ build advise

Chrisko33

14 hours ago, Chrisko33 said:

Hey mate thanks for sharing we have close setups, I’ve actually been doing a bit of reaserch on JEM they have very good reputation from what I can see Adam seems like a good guy and at this stage he the number one pick. Would you change to -9 if the -10 is that laggy ? I was very close to getting the -5 but after looking at reviews I wanted more responsiveness 

What I liked about JEM was, the experience they have in RB's, the workmanship, and the service.  JEM talked me through the whole process and didn't hide any of the possible costs that are going to be associated with work.   In my opinion, a good tuner is someone who has worked on enough of the engines your tuning and should be able to foresee most of the potential problems and advise you prior (Not start the work and then say "oh this is going so I need more $$$ because you don't have this or this broke").  Now I understand that things happen and no one can predict the future, however, there are parts that a good tuner will know won't cope with the extra load if they have been regularly working on your type of engine.

JEM outlined everything right from the getgo and tested what they could before beginning the work, like completing a compression and leak down test to make sure that the engine was in good health before dumping a tonne of boost into it.  The quote them at the time "we don't want you putting a whole heap of cash into an engine and tuning unless you know it's going to cope"

I also appreciated that when I picked up the car, Adam took me for a drive to make sure that I was happy with it and to answer any questions I had on it and the tune.  I'd never had that type of service from previous tuners, usually its once the job was done, pay your bill and get your car out of their car park.

Would I go the -9's?  Probably yes, although I'm one of those weirdo's that likes the lag, especially when it comes on to an unsuspecting passenger. lol  

If you want responsiveness, then yes -5's, but as I'm sure you've read the best responsiveness you're going to get is from a single.  There is a stack of benefits that come with running a single and its not just the power and its delivery, they're typically cheaper (because you're only buying one), less heat in the engine bay (always a good thing), fewer parts to break, the latest tech in single turbos make them animals. 

18 hours ago, Chrisko33 said:

Ok I’ll probalby have a chat with them for sure what power did you get out of the -9? 

First time round on the their dyno i netted 320kw at the rear wheels (MRC remove the front driveshaft to preserve the standard front A-LSD diff).  I recently went in for a touch-up tune with brand new sticky tyres and they had also just re-calibrated their dyno, as a result i saw a lower 300rwkw outright but same low and mid range.

My mod list here -