SAU Community

Skyline Purchasing - Second Hand

dirty_dyer

• 3 weeks later...

Bought mine in Florida second usa owner traded my evo 9 for it (I know I know) car was in about 6 out of 10 condition I'd like to say its mechanically about an 8 out of ten now the frames got some dents the quarters both have rot and its definatley been painted and hit in the front and rear turbos blew after I got it home spent last summer swapping in newer stock units diff was leaking sealed it and refill bleed, driver axle CV boot was gone rebooted that replaced inner tie rods then it broke after that and couldn't figure out why for a while turns out rat chewed thru the hot wire on the CAS to ecu somewhere now it's a kill switch lol no stereo when I got it now its 2 amps around 1500 watts with old school jlw3 15 built into the trunk hits hard, decided to rewire the fuel pump with new relay and 255 Wally, replaced fuel filter and sock new ignitor harness and splitfires, headlights were hacked and the hazards didnt work now it's all sorted didnt have license plate lights wired those up painted alot under the hood to more stockish colors, just bought a gates timing belt kit and OEM water pump, oil seals and all new hardware, should be ready to do it in the next few weeks. All in all I knew what I was getting into if I was to do it again I would have waited for a better one but honestly I enjoy it because it's not perfect so I'm not scared to use it. The evo was alot faster but we will get there after all the wear and tear is sorted. Next stop power fc 1000cc injectors and r34 spec turbskis.

• Like 2